The three biggest shopping mistakes I made in 2012 were (1) buying on impulse (2) buying because something was on a great sale, and (3) trying to make a square fit into a circle. Mistakes #1 and #2 are easy to avoid because you know what it's like to do these things. Avoiding mistake #3 is slightly more difficult.
Imagine trying to jam a square into a circle. It just doesn't work. You might be able to get a portion of the square into the circle, but needless to say, it's not a perfect fit. I was guilty of doing this time and time again in 2012; I put something on my want list, like a black and white striped shirt, and bought the first one I saw and liked, rather than holding out, looking around, and waiting for one I absolutely loved.
This year, I'm making shopping lists and not allowing myself to purchase unless it's a perfect fit.
When I find an item, you'll be able to click to see it, and you'll see where it came from.
5. Cobalt blazer (like this)
6. Leopard print longsleeve shirt
8. Military jacket with hood
13. Black elastic belt with cute not-gold clasp
14. Tweed blazer (ideally with elbow patches)
16. Light grey v-neck tee
18. Light purple silky soft button up blouse
20. Perfect LBD
21. Perfect LWD
22. Olive full-length pants (fitted, but not super skinny)
23. Cognac round-toe ballet flats
24. Red ballet flats
25. Cobalt blue ankle pants (fitted, but not super skinny)
26. Floral pants (fitted, but not super skinny)
27. Burgundy pencil skirt (like this)
28. Light heather grey cotton crewneck sweater (like this)
29. Pink crewneck sweater (like this)
30. Navy cotton crewneck sweater (like this)
31. Black cotton crewneck sweater (like this)
32. Light grey boyfriend cardigan
33. big chunky sweater cardigan (like this)
34. Sweater coat
35. Pretty winter coat (like this and/or this)
36. longsleeve dresses
37. black ankle booties (low or no heel)
38. more scarves (plaid, solid, print, whatever)