Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Man, I miss blogging

Although my blog posts are few and far between these days, it's not for a lack of interest. I feel like I can't use baby as an excuse since there are so many mommy bloggers out there (how do y'all do it?!). But I can use baby, moving, dissertation, and teaching online courses all together as an excuse. I didn't mind the absence from the blogosphere really until fall weather hit. I didn't mind wearing my maternity tees because I absolutely love them (seriously- I already have a black one and a white one and am contemplating getting another one the next time I go shopping), but also because getting dressed in the summer was so easy. When I did go out, the weather was relatively mild so I was able to wear the same jeans, tee, and sandals, unless it was a special occasion. The last "special" occasion was in October when my parents came to visit and we went out to lunch and then the outlet mall. This was my outfit:


Tommy Hilfiger sweater (c/o Mom)  //  Apt. 9 jeans  //  Old Navy flats


It felt great looking somewhat put together, but now that it's too cold for bare feet and ankles, I need new options. First, I need to stop wearing my maternity jeans a pair of jeans that fit. Then, I need shoes. The non-flat, non-boot, but appropriate for cold weather shoe has been the greatest struggle for me. I have yet to find something that I like and that works for my closet. Recently my aunt-in-law gifted me these booties (in cognac), but I can't figure out what to do with my jeans: tuck them in? Roll them up? Let them sit on top of the boot? 

I also tried these shooties on recently, and at the time, I thought they could work. I tried them on, but I didn't love them and there were plenty in stock, so I passed for the moment. 


Then when I got home and looked at them again, I felt like they were so... what's the word.. not cute? I'm beginning to think that I'm going to have to accept unflattering shoe options if I don't want to wear boots all fall/winter long. 

Once I have jeans and shoes in place, the rest should be easy, but it's not. Somehow I have forgotten how to get dressed in my time off from blogging. So here I am, back at square one, trying to put myself together for those seldom but much needed occasions out of the house. This really is a journey in style.

1 comment:

  1. non-flat, non-boot, but appropriate for cold weather shoe has been the greatest struggle for me - ME TOO!!! The closest I've come is Tom's desert bootie and Fly London Yip bootie (pending return, idk!) but still booties and not shoes. The struggle is real. #firstworldproblems

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...