Monday, January 30, 2017

39 weeks

Well, it's almost that time. But then again, that's the song I've been hearing for the past couple of weeks. (At my last two check-ups, the doctor and APRN have said, "I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see you next week." That made me antsy for a while. Now I'm convinced that they have jinxed me and I'll be late. I'm okay with holding off for a bit longer since my husband has a nasty cold - fingers crossed it doesn't make its way to me!) So these days I'm just trying to keep up with grading for my online courses, but the fatigue has made it a real challenge. 

At least I have somewhat of a predictable routine by now: sleep in, have breakfast, respond to emails, take a break by doing some kind of household cleaning until the heartburn strikes because I've bent over too many times, go back to grade but realize I'm hungry, and then have lunch and watch some TV. Before too much time passes, I'm ready to take a nap (clearly deserved at this point with all I have accomplished - ha ha). While my goal is to keep my naps under 45 minutes (because Google told me to), I end up groggy regardless of whether they're 30 or 60 minutes long. The best cure I know for nap grogginess is a snack, so it's off to the kitchen I go. ... The rest of the evening is far less predictable, but it's a combination of dinner, Hulu (unless the Bulls are playing), and trying to work up the motivation to drink my red raspberry leaf tea, eat dates, and do some stretching. 

"Try" seems to be a recurring theme here. I suspect after baby is born, I won't even bother to try. People keep telling me to relax as much as I can and enjoy the calm before the storm, but that just seems impossible when there's always something to do.

I honestly don't know how any pregnant blogger has managed to keep her blog going, especially in the third trimester. Kudos to those of you who have done so successfully. 

And because I feel like it's obligatory to have at least one photo in a blog post... 

[taken at 38.5 weeks]

3 comments:

  1. I'm just happy to hear how you're doing! Keep us posted when you can :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your doing well.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so close! Love hearing what your days are like at this point, as I'm not too far behind you. Good luck with the waiting - I'm sure it can seem like its dragging forever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...