Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Budget Rewind: February 2015





Good:
  • navy print scarf: $4.50 - Clearance scarves are my weakness. While I never need another scarf, $5 scarves are never a bad choice. It really doesn't take long to get your money's worth.
  • grey loafers: $16 - I barely wore these when I first got them and when I moved this summer, looked at them as a bad purchase. Now I'm wearing them far more frequently, and will likely get the cost-per-wear down to $1 by the time spring rolls around. It's the perfect flat for those warmer winter days.


Medium:
  • grey ankle pants: $10 - It was difficult to decide whether these should be a good purchase or a bad purchase, so I split the difference. They were a good purchase in the sense that they were only $10 and I have worn them 5 times. On the other hand, they're not a great fit, and I probably only purchased them because they were $10.  
  • white sweater: $10 - Again, somewhere between a good and bad purchase. It's slightly too small, which makes me not want to wear it, and when I do, I always wish it were bigger. But, again, it was only $10. I suspect I'll be taking this one to consignment next fall.
  • burgundy scarf: $4 - I had a burgundy infinity scarf on my wishlist, and I found one and bought it. Unfortunately after the first wear, I realized I would have preferred something more lightweight. But at $4, I feel like I have gotten my money's worth by now.


Bad:
  • striped sweater: $12.50 - I wore this sweater a few times before needing to wash it. At that point, I learned it was hand-wash only because it's linen. I tried hand-washing it and laying it flat to dry, but by the time it dried, it seemed warped. So I threw it in the dryer on the fluff cycle for 5-10 minutes. I'm convinced it shrunk, so I tugged at it. That only made it worse. I'll try to wear it again once the weather warms up, but it will probably find its way to the consignment shop next year.


Honorable Mention: 
  • white bag: I liked it in theory: small, neutral, not too casual, not too fancy. After sitting on my desk for a couple weeks, I realized I was never going to use it. It was just too small, so I returned it. I'm happy I did.

While this wasn't the best budget rewind to date, I'm still satisfied with what I bought and how much I spent. (Which makes sense, as I reported originally in that post that I was "mostly satisfied". 

5 comments:

  1. You find the best scarves! I would love to know how you store them all! And those loafers are adorable-I can see why they were a great purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad about the striped sweater. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes to $5 scarves! I seriously cannot resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes to $5 scarves! I seriously cannot resist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you track your cost per wear? And this is in real life, not just on your blog, right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...