Thursday, February 18, 2016

TTT: Blushing Beauty

When Bri announced that the theme for this month's Third Thursday Threads was blush, two pieces immediately came to mind: hi-side split sweater and sleeveless blazer. Since I had worn the sweater more recently than the blazer, I chose the blazer.

I actually wore this outfit two times before it made its way to the blog. The first time, a colleague asked me to potentially sub for his classes, as a bug was making its way through his family, and he wasn't sure whether it was going to keep him home or not. Essentially that meant I need an outfit that could double duty for a full day of studying/research as well as potentially teaching. The second time, I had returns to make, and just felt like wearing this outfit again. That day, a sales associate told me that she loved my outfit and said I look so put together. I was flattered but also slightly amused, as it's just stretchy pants, a long sleeve tee, and flats. I guess that's what Stacy and Clinton meant by "completer piece". 


 Sleeveless Blazer: Banana Republic (similar)  //  Top: (c/o Mom) Gap (same style)  //  
Pants: The Limited  //  Flats: Christian Siriano via Payless (shop options below)

3 comments:

  1. Cute casual look. I'm in love with your vest. I get told all the time that my outfits are well put together.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Completer piece" for sure! Love the stripes under the blazer this time - and so glad you went with this piece for the link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great piece. I remember contemplating about buying it and missed out on it. Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...