Monday, February 8, 2016

simply not the best

"Every outfit is a winner," said no one ever. You can find these non-winning outfits scattered throughout my blog, although not compiled in one post. I caught myself by surprise having done some favorites posts (2015, 2014 pt. 1 & pt. 2) and who could forget my awesome bloopers post... but no fashion flops post.

Well, I've been inspired to get one together. Or another bloopers post. It's better to leave you in suspense on this one. In the mean time, here is my first fashion flop of the year... I call it the "[I think] I am so clever for tucking a tunic sweater into a skirt. OMGFASHUN." But now I see there's a reason why people don't do this. Because it doesn't look good. It looks marshmallow-y. [I'm not too torn up about this, as I suspect I'll wear this sweater again, normally, in the very near future. nudge nudge wink wink]


Sweater: LOFT | exact
Utility Blouse: LOFT | exact
Necklace: J. Crew Factory | [also seen here]
Skirt: Maison Jules via Macy's | [shop options below]
Fleece Lined Tights: (c/o Mom) Gap | similar
Pointed Toe Flats: via Target | similar

more grid print skirt options:

6 comments:

  1. very chic outfit. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's not so bad! And anyway, it's good to have flops every once in awhile - it means you aren't boring. I do love that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say - I know i did a hall of shame outfit post at the end of the year once. It was fun to put together. And at the time, I thought I should so some kind of series where I take previous outfits I didn't like and try to fix them, but now I'm lucky if I just get dressed.

      Delete
  3. Love that skirt! I have tried to tuck sweaters in and it never works for me either. I love the color of this one though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if the sweater is thin and a little more fitted it totally works tucked in as I have tried that myself. Lovely grid skirt nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts have been cracking me up lately! I love your sense of humor even if you try to tuck a tunic into a skirt :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...