Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Le Tote #7

I put my Le Tote subscription on hold over winter break, as I didn't feel like paying for clothes that were primarily going to get worn around the house, and because I had been thinking about canceling altogether. I figured time apart would help me decide whether I missed it and wanted it back or whether I was better off without it.

Well, once the semester started back up again, I didn't know what I wanted to wear to work, and so in a panic, I requested a new tote. The tote looked great when I picked it out - full of patterns and colors! But this ended up being one of the least satisfying totes in a long time. 

On one hand, I didn't expect to like this floral top as much as I did, but I also thought I would like it more than I did, if that makes any sense. It wasn't the piece I was initially most excited about, but of all the pieces I did receive, it was my favorite.

I had planned on pairing this top with a red cardigan, but it was just too warm for that. It's just as well, since I really like how it turned out with black pants and black heels. But it's also too bad that it didn't fit well (as seen in the second picture below).



Top: Le Tote  //  Watch: c/o JORD  //  Pants: via Kohl's (option)  //  Heels: via Target

I didn't bother wearing the other two tops that were in my tote [IG'ed here]. One was too over-sized, which I could have handled if it weren't so wrinkly and didn't come with a "dry clean only" tag. The other top was too short and also a wrinkled "dry clean only" mess. I let Le Tote know about this, and they offered me some purchase credit for compensation, so at least some good came from this.

The fourth top, seen below, was one I was looking forward to. About halfway through a lunch date with my husband, I realized I hated the top. But that's the beauty of Le Tote: you get to wear the clothes as much as you want, and then send back whatever you don't want to keep. Interested in giving it a shot? Use my referral link and you can save $25 off your first month.


Top: Le Tote  //  Necklace: Le Tote  //  Jeans: J. Crew Factory (very similar)  //  
Booties: Sole Society via blog sale (shop options below)

9 comments:

  1. Bummer that your latest one was so unsatisfying! Are you going to keep up with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer! Have you decided whether or not to cancel? The idea of being able to wear things before committing to buying them is such a neat idea in theory. The benefit of buying from more expensive stores is that they have excellent return policies. I can try something out to see if I like it or not after a wear. Shopping online is hard when you can't tell what the item will be like once you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's too bad the items didn't work out. But on a side note, I love the booties in the second outfit! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stinks that none of the tops didn't work out. Seem like a lot of people have issue with Le tote sizing.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that's sad! Not sure if I could spend that much money on something I hate. I'd rather pick the items myself.

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. boo, letote! I am feeling like I made the right decision to cancel, and kind of silly for keeping it as long as I did. But again, if I was still getting dressed for work every day, I'd be more tempted to keep it. That floral top is pretty cute, and I wouldn't have expected it to be from their website. Bummer the other things weren't any good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer that this tote didn't work out for you. Did you decide if you are keeping the subscription? I like that it has an option to put it on hold.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why'd you hate the blue one?!?! I love it on you! But again - you're so right - it helps to be able to wear something for a bit before deciding :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a nice costume is this that she had wear in it.Le tote Coupon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...