Tuesday, February 2, 2016

fireworks in february

Putting together an outfit for the first day of class is no easy task, but I was able to make it less daunting by using myself as inspiration. This outfit almost made it to my favorites of 2015, but it just lacked that something special it needed in order to be a favorite. Nonetheless, it gave me the starting point for this outfit. I took the same base, but made it more appropriate for cold weather by opting for tights and a shirt with longer sleeves. To give it the something special it lacked last time, I opted for my firework necklace. 

Moral of the story? Don't forget about your almost-favorites. With a little change, they can become your actual-favorites.



Shirt: The Limited | exact
Dress: Old Navy | very similar
Necklace: Shy Boutique | option
Belt: The Limited | option
Tights: (c/o Mom) Gap | similar
Heels: via Target | exact


[Linking up with Laura and Whitney]

9 comments:

  1. Happy 2016 Kate. You look great. I love that sheath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that necklace looks against the grey! The colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, love this color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the necklace really makes it special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this outfit! I really like the look of layering a collared shirt under a sheath, but sadly it's not exactly nursing friendly. Still pinning this for future outfit inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this winter version!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That definitely looks like a new favorite outfit, you have such a huge smile on your face! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i love this dress so much and i love seeing it on other people. it looks so great with the black shirt underneath and black tights! i think i'll be wearing mine one day this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...