Wednesday, February 10, 2016

fake it 'til you make it

I'm slightly behind with blogging, as I wore this outfit two weeks ago [and 'grammed it one week ago]. I wasn't teaching that day, but I had a meeting with a professor. I wanted to make it appear as if I had my life together (which I don't) and that my chicness is entirely effortless (which it's not). So I channeled my inner actor-about-to-go-on-a-talk-show and arrived at the base of the outfit: button up shirt, blazer, and jeans. I opted for distressed jeans because I really wanted to make it clear to everyone in the department that I'm super cool (even though they all already know that). 

I loved the idea of the flats, but in all honesty, they made me miserable for the following two days. They scraped up my heels and my pinky toes so badly that the next day I went through every shoe option trying to find a pair that didn't magnify the pain. I was half tempted to wear moccasins or Birkenstocks, but it was 25 degrees and neither coordinated with my teaching outfit. 

Moral of the story? Don't try walking a mile in my shoes. Do strive for the effortlessly chic look.



Blazer: Merona via Target | similar
Shirt: (c/o Mom) Eddie Bauer | similar
Jeans: LOFT | option
Flats: J. Crew Factory | exact





[linking up with Lindsey and Laura]

6 comments:

  1. You DO look effortlessly chic in this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely exude that effortless feel with this outfit! Those flats look fabulous with this-too bad they hurt your feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blazer really kicks it up and the flats say, i'm not so serious. Good look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! I hate it when cute shoes are torture devices. But you do look pretty fantastic in this outfit. Except, I feel like actresses on talk shows always wear super short skirts, and it makes me so nervous. I wouldn't wear a super short skirt (ever) if I was going to be sitting on a stage, because it just seems like an accidental flash might happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! Too bad that the shoes were so torturous. I had the same experience yesterday with my new-ish pair of leopard flats--and they're even Dr. Scholl's and supposed to be comfy. Harumph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job here putting together some distressed jeans with a white blouse and a blazer. Also, the shoes are super pretty, too bad they made your feet hurt so much!
    Have a great new week!
    Xx
    Larissa
    cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...