Friday, January 22, 2016

favorite purchases of 2015

Last year, I put together a "best purchases of 2014" post. The top five were primarily determined by what got the most wear. This time around, my top five are the items I'm most content with and that I look at as the best additions to not only my closet, but my life.

striped tank {via LOFT}
While this tank has only made it on the blog a couple times, I spent most of the summer in it. I initially had a hard time bringing myself to spend $22 on a tank. Now that I have worn it more than 22 times, I find it less difficult to spend for things that I like and that I know I'll wear a lot.



field jacket {via J. Crew Factory}
This jacket definitely belongs on the list as it's one of the biggest steals I got in 2015 - originally $135, paid $54. I love that I have something to toss on for those days when it's not quite coat weather, but still cool enough to need a light layer.


Kate Spade handbag {via TJ Maxx}
I bought this for myself as a reward for passing my comprehensive exams. Not only do I love that I have such a simple but classic (and classy) looking handbag, but I appreciate that it reminds me of all the hard work I have put into graduate school. 



sleeveless blazer {via Banana Republic}
Even though I haven't had this piece very long, it makes me feel great when I wear it. And isn't that what all of our clothes should do?



pointed toe flats {via Target}
I spent $5 on these flats, and wore them 18 times in 2015 alone. It boggles my mind that I walked away from them when they were $12. Nonetheless, they are, without the doubt, the best purchase of 2015.



What were your favorite purchases of 2015?

5 comments:

  1. These are great pieces that are timeless, I can see why they are your favorites.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the sleeveless blazer post that you featured above. I remember seeing it when you got it, but I really like how you styled it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black flats are a definite wardrobe staple. You really had some great purchases this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great purchases Kate! That striped tank is so perfect for summer! I great layering piece for spring and fall too I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby pink vest is by far my favorite. It is so elegant. Too bad I missed out on it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...