[I know it's really late to be posting this, as the January Budget report is going to be posted later this week, but I really like having my budget reports easily accessible.]
What I bought...
- white tank: orig. $24.50, on clearance $8 - I bought this tank in grey last month, loved it so much, that I decided it would be great to have multiples. These are great for layering, and I imagine wearing on their own with print shorts in the summer.
- black tank: orig. $24.50, on clearance $8 - See above explanation.
- lace trim cami: orig. $30, on sale w/coupon: $0 - The Limited sent me a $10 mailer. I didn't really love anything in store, so I looked to get the best deal possible. That day, lace trim camis were $10. Can't beat a free cami.
- plaid flannel shirt: orig. $30, on sale $21 - One of the things I wanted for this fall was a relaxed fit plaid shirt. All of mine are currently on the tighter side. I loved the length and softness of this shirt. The colors in the shirt make it easy enough to wear with black or blue jeans, on its own, or under a sweater or cardigan.
- textured cardigan: orig. $30, on sale w/coupon $16 - I have had a grandpa cardigan on my wishlist for two years now. I really wanted a big comfy cardigan that could be worn with just about anything in my closet. While this one isn't quite as oversized as I wanted, I'm satisfied for now.
- boucle v-neck sweater: orig. $40, on sale $13 - I went out on Black Friday out of curiosity for how good the sales were. I didn't find any amazing deals, but mailers from Kohl's let me get something I wanted for this winter: a neutral v-neck sweater tunic.
- split sweater: orig. $59.59, on sale $18 - I didn't want to pay for shipping on tanks #1 and #2, but after weeks of waiting for a free shipping day, I lost hope and realized I'd have to make a big order to get that free shipping. I added this sweater because apparently I have a thing for pink these days. It's super cozy and I have already worn it a bunch, so I'm happy.
- exact stretch skinnies: orig. $70, on sale w/coupon: $24 - My exact stretch pants have seen better days, but that's not bad considering I've had them for two years. (And I got my first pairs two years before that.) A new pair were in order. I highly recommend these pants if you want stretchy work pants.
What I returned...
In order to get free shipping on the tanks, I ordered a bunch of stuff, including this turtleneck tunic, this tunic softened shirt, these pencil pants, this mixed media shirt, this shimmer fringe scarf, these crystal drop earrings, and the lou & grey funnel neck. Either the fit was off, or the items didn't end up looking as they did.
I loved this lace-panel sweater as soon as I saw it, but the $88 price tag was absurd, and even on sale, $44 was more than I was willing to spend on something I might not love forever. Then I saw a similar version from The Limited, and with additional discounts, the price became much more reasonable. I'm just not sure if I love it. Thoughts?