Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Budget Rewind: December 2014



Good:

  • Kohl's white tunic sweater (c/o Mom) - One of my favorite sweaters and most frequently worn sweatshirts during the colder months. Complete honesty? I wore this sweater on Friday. And Saturday. And Monday. So. Yeah. Too bad it's starting to show serious signs of wear, but at less than $10, we have definitely gotten our money's worth.


Medium:

  • J. Crew Factory triangle sweatshirt: $30 - I can't believe I spent $30 on a sweatshirt. But I also can't tell you how many graphic sweatshirts I haven't bought because I learned my lesson from buying this one. 
  • J. Crew Factory pink sweater (c/o Mom) - I have mixed feelings about this sweater. Part of me loves it because it's so bright, but part of me just never wants to wear it because it's so bright. I'm also frustrated that it started pilling around the neckline (wear my necklaces sit) after only two wears.
  • Target quilted slip on sneakers: $20 - I honestly thought I'd wear these a lot more. I mean, I wore them a bunch to take the dogs out, but I have plenty of shoes that I can wear for taking the dogs out.


Bad:

  • Ann Taylor Outlet top (c/o Mom) - I loved this top when we bought it, but once it became part of my closet, I couldn't help but think of a bad burglar costume every time I looked at it. Around the same time, it started fitting weirdly under cardigans and jackets, and was too tight in the shoulders. 


I'm fairly satisfied with this rewind in terms of how much I spent on clothes, but dissatisfied that one year later, I'm less than excited about most of these items. I think I'll take it up as a challenge to wear the medium items this month!

5 comments:

  1. The referee/prisoner/burglar effect of a striped shirt is always hard to fight against. What if you added a patterned scarf to draw the eye away from the stripes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that pink sweater so much! I think it just looks awesome on you. Such a bummer it is pilling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all these items! I really regretted not buying that pink sweater when I had the chance...but it sounds like maybe the quality isn't that great. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stink those shoe are a medium purchase. They are super cute.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this budget post! Funny! It's a bummer about the pilling on the sweater. I feel like that happens to a lot of my clothes, actually.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...