Wednesday, December 16, 2015

throwback

I think I have three main philosophies when it comes to getting dressed: (1) wear what I want to wear, (2) wear something I have purchased recently, and/or (3) wear something I haven't worn in a long time. Today's outfit was brought to you by the number three, and a hint of one. I have a horrible track record when it comes to wearing this blouse, but I haven't been ready to let go of it quite yet. I also have managed to go from predominantly wearing colorful button up shirts and pencil skirts for teaching to neutral flowy tops and stretchy pants. While I really have enjoyed wearing more casual attire for teaching, I really do like dressing up. Which do you prefer for work attire: pencil skirts and button ups or stretchy pants and flowy tops?


Top: The Limited | similar
Belt: (gift) The Limited | similar
Skirt: (gift) The Limited | savespend
Tights: Merona via Target | exact   
Flats: Mossimo via Target | similar

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute look! I love the purple :)

    Roxi - www.goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to be comfortable, but I do like getting dressed up every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely prefer pencil skirts for work, but now that I don't work anymore... I mostly just wear pajamas. I'm actually getting rid of most of my pencil skirts now. It's kind of sad, except I like my new gig so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty look, I love your purple skirt. I work in a very conservative office so I prefer button ups and pencil skirts.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was definitely a more casual girl when it came to dressing for work but that's because my coworkers wore polo shirts and jeans. It was fun dressing up once in awhile though. That's the beauty of having a fairly casual dress code. I love the blouse. I bet it goes it with so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...