Monday, December 14, 2015

pink gingham + distressed jeans

A month ago I walked into J. Crew Factory in hopes of walking out with this elephant print skirt. Instead, I walked out empty-handed-ish. (I went home, ordered the distressed jeans I tried on in store that were cheaper online, and got the jeans shortly thereafter.) Less than two months later, they're my favorite casual pants.

While my jeans are getting plenty of wear (especially off the blog), my gingham shirt is another story. I feel so underwhelmed when I just throw it on with a pair of jeans. Do you feel the same way about button ups with jeans? How do you give the combination a little something extra?



Shirt: J. Crew | save, spend
Cardigan: (c/o Mom) LOFT | similar style
Jeans: J. Crew Factory | exact
Flats: via Target | exact

8 comments:

  1. I barely wear button ups unless it's layered under something. It's hard to find something to spruce them up. I often try a necklace or scarf, but that only works in the winter. It seems button ups fit everyone else much better than they fit me, but maybe that's just my perception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally on the same page about button-ups. For some reason I feel too boyish when I wear them so I end up rarely using them. I think they look so cute on other people though so I don't know what my problem is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that button ups feel awkward with jeans. Even if I add accessories, I just don't feel "put together" enough. I usually only wear button ups under sweaters or with pencil skirts to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sweater you put over it. Button ups are weird for me. Most of mine are not true button ups but rather popovers. I feel like they fit me better. Usually I'm throwing a sweater over it, open or not or a statement necklace. I feel like they need a lot of details added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since you have your shirt tucked in for this look, I think a belt in a contrasting color would be perfect for adding something extra. It's been a few years, but i had really good luck one year finding some inexpensive and colorful belts at H&M. Love those black jeans though. Perfect amount of distressing in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't wear button up that much by themselves. Lately they have been under sweaters.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your distressed jeans. I have been thinking about getting a pair too... so far it didnt happen. Maybe because I am afraid that it will be too cold ;)
    Thanks a lot for your last comment : )
    Xx
    Larissa
    cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have the same shirt in mint that I never wore. I feel that stiff cotton shirts are harder to tuck in and look more dressy than my current lifestyle requires. More flowy blouses sit in a way that doesn't require any additional details or clothing. Have you tried layering it under a sweater? That was the only way I liked to wear mine. haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...