Monday, December 21, 2015

field jacket: five months later

"Field jackets are perfect for triple digit heat," said no one ever. I bought my field jacket during the dog days of summer, but I had good reason: the price tag. I knew it would be months until I got to wear it, but I also knew it would eventually prove to be a great purchase. Fast forward five months later, and it turns out that I was right. Hooray! 

While my jacket gets minimal coverage on the blog since I typically just show what I wear indoors, I felt like I should take the time to show one way I wear it and share some of its virtues. (1) It's ideal for the 50-ish degree weather we've been having since October. (2) The color allows it to go with anything. (3) It has enough pockets to allow me to stash my phone, wallet, and keys on days when I forget or don't feel like carrying around a purse. Hooray for a good purchase! (Maybe one of my best of 2015?)



Jacket: J. Crew Factory | almost exact
Scarf: Forever 21 | similar
Sweater: Old Navy | option
Pants: The Limited | exact
Flats: via Target | similar

4 comments:

  1. I got the same field jacket this year and have the opposite problem - I got it right as it got really cold here so I haven't gotten a chance to wear it much. But I'm dying to pull it out again come warmer weather in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I don't have the field jacket, I do have a utility jacket that I wear everywhere. I love it for the same reasons. So many pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found myself needing a better option for a fall coat this year but never purchased anything. Perhaps I could find a similar coat on sale now that it's so cold?? I'll be on the look-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Field jackets are just so versatile!! I wear mine at least once a week. It's not very warm so low 50s to high 40s is about as cold as it can get. I love the look of yours. I'm glad you're getting so much use out of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...