Monday, November 16, 2015

see my vests


The weather is perfect for sweaters, vests, and scarves these days. I've been wearing vests on the weekends, taking pictures of the outfits, and then forgetting about those pictures. Today I'm sharing three of those vests: herringbone, navy, and black. I didn't realize that my Lou & Grey sweater tunic was getting so much wear lately (it's what these three outfits all have in common), but I'm not surprised -- it's a fantastic piece. I've included some similar options at the bottom of this post as I highly recommend have a tunic sweater like this for the fall and winter seasons!


Vest: J. Crew Factory | exact
Jeans: The Limited | similar
Sneakers: via Target | similar

Pairing my herringbone vest with my quilted sneakers never crossed my mind until I saw Bri do it. You can bet that I'll be pairing the two again in the near future, but with a black sweater instead of grey. I wore this outfit to the mall to do some returns. (I ended up giving in to this cardigan and this tank - both items I bought (and returned) in September. Two weeks ago they were on super sale and I couldn't resist. I'm still undecided about the cardigan. On one hand, how much grey does a person need in their closet? On the other hand, grey is such an easy color to incorporate into outfits. Thoughts?)




Scarf(c/o Mom) Gap | similar
Vest: J. Crew Factory | exact
Jeans: LOFT | similar
Flats: via Target | exact

This vest was $40 in May (60% off original price). I knew at the time that it would be months before I could wear it, but I was fine with that. In the past month, I've worn this vest to the zoo, on errands, and on this particular occasion: to make returns. (I didn't buy anything that day in store, but ended up ordering this skirt and these jeans online for a better price. The skirt is obviously super cute, but realistically unpractical. The jeans? They'll get their own post this week.)




Scarf: via Target | exact
Vest: Old Navy | this year's version
Jeans: J. Crew Factory | exact
Flats: via Target | exact

I don't love the fit of this vest, and have been strongly considering buying this one as a replacement. I told myself that before I bought a new one, I should at least try to wear mine a few more times. I've also been considering replacing my blanket scarf, but figured that I should wear it a few more times before I do.



How many vests do you have? What are your favorite ways to wear them?


similar tunic sweater options:
(top row under $50, bottom row under $75)



[linking up with Laura, Lindsey, Bri, and Whitney]

6 comments:

  1. I love that you have the same sweater on but create such different looks so easily. I'm still in love with the blanket scarf so that one's my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any vests! I just don't think they work for me, but I am always tempted when I see these cute options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great sweater it goes with everything! I am a huge vest fan and love these casual looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that grey boyfriend cardigan is gorgeous!! I think it's a very practical purchase. It looks so sleek and well made. What color tank did you end up getting? I am jealous of your vest collection. I absolutely love the herringbone vest but haven't gotten it because so many bloggers have it. Is that a reason not to get something I love? I've never tried it on in person, maybe that's what I need. My boyfriend wants to go to JCrew when we head up to Denver on Wednesday so I'll try it on if I can find it. Navy and black are the best vest colors. Love these so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vests are perfect for California fall and winters since coats are not really needed. I love that you happen to use the same tunic all the looks.


    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see your Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a black puffer vest that I keep in our hall closet with my jackets - I wear it a lot on the weekends when I run errands :) I haven't worn it as a part of an outfit though...perhaps I should do that! I have a knit moto vest and a denim vest with a crocheted back but I'd like a thinner quilted vest to add to my collection for the winter, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...