Wednesday, November 11, 2015

madeline

I asked my husband what I should title this post. He said, "Madeline". I looked at him with a puzzled expression on my face. He proceeded to do a Google image search, pointed to this picture, and then came back to my post and said, "See?" (No.) "Blue and yellow, just like Madeline." Oh, husband... Your color blindness never ceases to humor me.

I told him that I was wearing black and pink (though I'm not sure it meant much to him). At first I thought the two colors together made for too stark of a contrast, but I think the floral print brought it all together. What do you think? Any ideas for how I should style this vest next time? 




Sleeveless Blazer: Banana Republic | exact
Long sleeve tee: via Kohl's | almost exact 
Necklace: J. Crew Factory | exact
Skirt: via Target | save, splurge
Flats: via Target | option



[linking up with Laura and Lindsey]

10 comments:

  1. haha - i totally get the color blindness thing. my dad is color blind and we have many similar stories like madeline. :) his favorite color is neon yellow because he can see it, haha. i love the light pink & black together btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floral skirt does bring the black pink together and it looks great.

    Alicia | Between the Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this looks.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. That vest is so cute! I love the feminine color and structure of it! Your story is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madeline?? I can't see that at all! haha Love this classy outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute story - I've always wondered what life would be like if I were color blind - so interesting to me. I think this outfit is great - the floral skirt totally brings the colors together, but I love blush + black together already :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bahaha!! Husbands are too funny. I didn't know yours was colorblind. Mine isn't really but I think he might have a mild case because we frequently argue about red/orange/yellow hues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your husband is too funny! I think the floral skirt really ties this outfit together really well.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see your Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally in love with this look and I think I need a vest like the one you are wearing here :)
    Have a great weekend : )
    Xx
    Larissa
    cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kevin is partially colorblind, so I can imagine a conversation would go like this in our house as well! Although this outfit doesn't remind me much of Madeline at all, I think it's cute. That skirt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...