Monday, November 9, 2015

Le Tote: One Month Review

As of yesterday, I have been a member of Le Tote for one month. I have decided to continue my membership for another month, but I'm not sure what will happen after the new year. Hopefully these next few totes will be so awesome that it will make it impossible to quit.

What is Le Tote? How does it work?
Le Tote is a fashion rental service. After you sign up, you give Le Tote a sense of your style, and then they'll send you a tote with three pieces of clothing and two pieces of jewelry. You can wear the items as much as you want, and when you're ready, you send everything pack in a pre-paid envelope. If you decide you want to keep any of the items, you just hold on to them, and Le Tote will charge you for the pieces you keep. A few days later, you'll get your next tote.

The pieces are not necessarily brand new, but all of the pieces I have received have been in great condition (with the exception of one cardigan that had obvious pilling). Le Tote will clean all of the pieces, so you don't have to worry about that. However, you do have to take care of your clothes. If there are stains or damages, they will charge you for the piece(s). If you're worried about this, they offer insurance for $5/month.

Currently Le Tote is $49/month, but soon they will be raising their prices. If you become a member before the change happens, you should be able to continue to pay at the lower rate. Remember that you can get $25 off your first month by using my referral link (and I get $15 off my rental fee next month).

What I think of Le Tote (so far)... 
I've been looking for a way to minimize the amount of items I add to my closet each month while still being able to enjoy the fun of fashion, and I think Le Tote is the solution. I got $25 off my first month by using another blogger's referral link. I got insurance for my first month because I'd rather be safe than sorry. For me, I'm happier spending $30 on high-quality rental pieces than spending that much (or more) on pieces that I don't really need.

Overall, I have been pleased with a lot of little things about Le Tote. I like that they get new things on a regular basis. I like how fast the entire process is. For example, recently (Thu. Oct. 22) I received my second tote. I wore the items I wanted to quickly enough to send the tote back the following Wednesday (Oct. 28). The next day (Oct. 29) I customized my next tote, and I got that tote on Monday (Nov. 2). Per my request, Le Tote texts me when my totes are ready. As soon as I get chance, I jump on their website and customize my tote. What this means is that they show me what they're going to send me, and I decide whether I want to swap out any of those pieces for others. I have made changes to every tote they have put together for me. I have considered letting one go without making changes, but I really like the control. Plus, it's nice to ensure I don't get a jacket when it's 80 degrees outside.

Sizing inconsistency has been the biggest issue. I've learned that most of their dresses are too short for me, so I won't be asking for them until tights season rolls around. I didn't realize that Le Tote has measurements for each piece until after I received my second tote. Even so, I'm still having issues with fit across the shoulders, which isn't a measurement that is provided.

What I think of the totes I've received so far... 




Tote #1: Loved the cardigan and earrings (worn here). The tunic was too tight in the shoulders, the dress was too short in the front, and the skirt was too tight and too short. Overall, I wasn't too impressed with my first tote, but figured it could only get better from here.



Tote #2: I loved the sweater (as seen here); I almost considered buying it. After wearing it all weekend, I decided that I didn't love it enough to spend the asking price on it. I would have worn the maxi dress but it was really cold that week and I didn't like how it looked with any of my jackets. I couldn't even get the blue dress on and the black dress was too juvenile. The jewelry was superb.



Tote #3: I loved the tee so much but I didn't love the price tag ($44, say what?!). I paired it with the necklace and wore it with skinny jeans, but forgot to take pictures. I liked the blouse but it was far more low cut than pictured above (as seen here). The sweater was the low point of the tote, but wasn't terrible. It became shapeless while I was trying to find different ways to style it (white jeans and cognac flats was the winning look). I wore the cape to grab coffee with a friend. While it was a great piece for throwing on with skinny jeans (as seen here), I had difficulty finding other ways to style it. I just couldn't see it fitting seamlessly into my closet (plus it's outside my comfort zone... despite being a comfortable piece itself). The earrings and necklace were great standalone pieces, but not tempting enough to keep.


If the rest of my totes look like #3, I will be one happy camper. I've been able to try pieces that I would never see myself buying - let alone even wearing. I've also been able to pick pieces I know I'll like. I'll be getting a new tote later this week, so look forward to another post soon :)

In the mean time, please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! And if you're ready, sign up for Le Tote so you can get in on the fun and share your experiences :)


This post was not sponsored by Le Tote. I  just like hearing about others' experiences with subscription services, so I figured someone else might enjoy hearing about mine! 

7 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm still undecided about what to do. I'm tempted to go on hold for a month and just see how I feel. I really wish more people would use my code! Because I don't think I want to pay full price for a month. I'd be so happy if they unveiled different plan options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear all your experiences with Le Tote. I like that you get to try new things, even if they are a bit out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this review. Keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! The idea of experimenting with fashion without buying a lot of new items every month is very appealing to me. Thanks for providing all the details of how Le Tote works--I was always a little confused by how it works when I read about it on other blogs. I also liked seeing what was in your first three totes. I'll be interested to see what your future totes contain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your honest review. It's nice that you get to decide what they send you so you get a box of things that you will use.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see your Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice review, it taught me a lot. So cool that you can swap out items and decide to get something you like as opposed to something else they chose for you. Also, I had no idea that the clothing you buy if you decide to buy it, is not brand-new. They have sent you some awesome jewelry so far and the whole process is so quick, considering you got 3 bags in one month. When I am back to work I might give it a try since it is a great way to try different clothes by simply renting them and always feel like you have something new to wear!

    When and if I do get Le Tote, I will use your referral link. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've gotten some great pieces from Le Tote. It seems like items are a bit on the pricey side typically. I'm not sure it's something I would ever try just because I'm trying to be better about not impulse shopping and monthly totes would surely not help that! It was great to read your reviews of it. I look forward to reading more about your future totes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...