Friday, November 20, 2015

Five x Friday [vol. 7]

1. Are forced rhymes a pet peeve? It might be one of mine. Can someone tell Shawn Mendes that 'kisses' and 'stitches' don't rhyme?
2. Two weeks ago, I ordered this elephant print skirt. It doesn't fit well, it's too short, and I probably wouldn't wear it more than twice a month. Verdict? Return (woefully). 
3. This black window pane skirt, on the other hand, did fit well. I didn't wear it today because I couldn't settle on a way to style it. Am I overthinking it? How would you style the skirt? 
4. These animations (cartoons?) made me laugh out loud, at least four times.  
5. When I first received my fourth kit from Le Tote, I was underwhelmed by everything except this scarf. I loved it. Luckily it was really hard for me to come up with ways to wear it, so it helped me love it less. (That, and the price tag.) [Later on, I warmed up to a few pieces.]





Scarf: Le Tote | exact
Sweater: J. Crew Factory | option
Chambray: J. Crew Factory | exact
Jacket: J. Crew Factory | exact
Jeans: J. Crew Factory | exact
Flats: J. Lo via Kohl's | option

7 comments:

  1. Ugh, the rhyming thing! I also hate it when people rhyme a word with the exact same word. Example from Katy Perry: "This is a part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me." You can't rhyme "me" with me!" End rant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I should reply by number, just to keep everything straight.
    1. yes, this drives me crazy! Rhyming isn't that hard!
    2. Sad! I was at JCF this week and had visions of wearing that skirt and buying the dress for my niece, and we would be the cutest, but that's ridiculous.
    3. Reminds me that I bought a windowpane skirt when I was about 9mo pregnant and haven't worn it since. Apparently they are tricky to style.
    4. hilarious!
    5. Oh LeTote... I'm currently still on hold. I think I should cancel, but I feel weird about it! They really suck you in with hope that the next tote will be the most awesome! There is one dress that I REALLY want, but it's never an option. And not that I would have anywhere to wear it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great scarf. Have a great weekend

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I think Katie from Style on Target has a windowpane skirt--perhaps you could check out her archives for outfit inspiration?
    I really love that scarf, but you're right that it might be hard to figure out more than a few ways to wear it. Love the unique print though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the rhyme thing. Especially when folks rhyme with the SAME. WORD. But I digress. I love your scarf!! Wish the elephant skirt worked out, it looked lovely and would have been perfect for the holidays.

    Roxi - www.goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute scarf! I can see why you liked it so much. As for the skirt, I bet you could pair pretty much anything with it. Does it sit at your natural waist? I bet it would look cute with a white sweater, black tee + blazer, your elephant sweater + cute tights + black flats, white tee + colored cardi + neutral flats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Gosh. The cartoons you posted. I can't stop giggling!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...