Thursday, October 15, 2015

two dollar cardigan

What's the least you've ever spent on an article of clothing? For me, I'm pretty sure it's $2 on this cardigan (although had a certain pair of shorts fit, it would have been 96 cents last fall at Old Navy). I actually got the cardigan in August. I took some clothes to Plato's Closet in hopes of making some cash, and while I was waiting for them to look through my stuff (and eventually reject it all, per usual), I stumbled upon a striped cardigan. And I loved it. I made my way toward the fitting room, only to be distracted by a flannel/buffalo check shirt. Long story short, Plato's was having a sale, and I ended up with the cardigan and the shirt for a whopping $6. [Bonus points for getting a wishlist item!]

I really should go back to Plato's again, but I'm wayyyy over my monthly budget (and we're only halfway through the month), so that will have to wait. You'll also have to wait until the next time I wear the tank to get the story on that. (Spoiler alert: qualifier piece for free shipping.)



Tank: Old Navy | exact
Cardigan: Forever 21 (thrifted) | spendsplurge
Necklace: Forever 21 | similar
Ankle Pants: LOFT | exact
Flats: via Target | option



[linking up with Bri and Alice]

11 comments:

  1. Gotta love how Plato's Closet takes basically nothing but yet always seems to have stuff for us to buy! I gave up on them years ago, though, and now stick to a local consignment shop instead. Not as instant of gratification (have to wait for the stuff to sell) but they do take more items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you ask how much you've ever spent on an article of clothing, as I'm finally wearing a pair of heels today that I thrifted for $1.70 back in the winter. However, I need to get some grips for the soles of these things - they have zero traction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I love good bargains! I got a Detroit Red Wings shirt from Burlington Coat Factory for $2 the other day :) That might be the cheapest I've ever gotten! I've never tried Plato's Closet but I send a lot of my stuff to ThredUp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cardigan is so cute! Definitely worth the $2! And I love the bright color of that tank too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I really like this whole outfit! You look great, Kate! I love a good deal as well :) I've been thrifting so much more lately, and I just recently got a great top for $1.99 - woo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cardigan! I have never had good luck at Plato's Closet for either selling or buying. This post makes me think there's still hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I should check out Plato's closet! I tried to sell there a few times and always felt snubbed by the workers, like they only wanted to buy Abercrombie stuff. I'm impatient to hear what you bought to get you over-budget already this month (bad Kate!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never shopped at Plato's closet or tried selling my clothes there, I just hear too many horror story of how they reject so many times. What a cute cardigan and so worth the $2!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute look! That striped cardigan is adorable and you cannot beat the price. I've never been to Plato's Closet - might just have to check them out.

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    Come join me for the Fabulous Friday Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cardigan is cute and what a great deal. I never have luck at Plato's for selling or buying.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...