Monday, October 19, 2015

Le Tote #1

Recently I caved in and decided to give Le Tote a shot. I mean, there's only so many times that you can say no to $25 off your first month.




Earrings: Le Tote | exact
Cardigan: Le Tote | exact
Tank: SO via Kohl's | option
Skirt: Old Navy | option
Flats: via Target | exact

In case you're unfamiliar with Le Tote, it's - as Andi puts it - basically Netflix for clothes. In every tote, you get 5 pieces (3 articles of clothing + 2 accessories). If you love something, you keep it and it's yours (but you'll be charged for the item(s) you keep). Otherwise, you send the tote back when you're ready - whether it's the next day or the next week. In my first tote, I got:


The first thing you're probably wondering is, "I thought you said 5 items. I count six." You would be correct. Prior to sending the goods, Le Tote let me look over what they were going to send me. I don't remember what the original set looked like, but I do remember making changes. I liked being able to have final say in what came in my tote, although the selections were more limited than I expected. Shortly after, I got a notification telling me that one of the products I requested wasn't available, and that they would send me an extra piece to make up for it. Awesome sauce.

Today you're seeing not only my favorites from the tote, but also the only things that I actually wore. I didn't bother taking a picture of the maxi skirt. It was way too short and way too tight. The dress felt too short in the front and slightly too big in the bust. The tunic was so close to being great, but was too tight in the shoulders. If I could, I'd request it again, only in a larger size. The necklace was something I had "added to my closet" (which essentially means "I like it, sent it to me"), but I liked it far less in person. 

I was far more impressed with the dark forest green cardigan (Octavia Avalon Drape Cardigan) than I expected when I first opened the tote. I think it has more to do with the color than the cardigan itself. I also loved the leaf earrings (Summer & Sage LTD Leaf Drop Earrings) far more than I expected. I'm *this* close to buying them, but... well... unless I make a bunch of returns from recent shopping trips, I won't be able to buy the earrings for some time.

At least I can get them in another tote down the line. And so can you... 

All in all, so far I'm somewhat satisfied, although that is lessening each additional day I wait for my next tote to arrive. Hopefully this next one will be so great that it will make up for the wait.


*This post is not sponsored by Le Tote. I just like hearing about others' experiences with subscription services, so I figured someone else might enjoy hearing about mine! 


8 comments:

  1. I like the cardigan on you much more than the model. The relaxed fit is so pretty paired with your more structured skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those earrings! They are keepers for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great review! I wear Le Tote items constantly but need to get better about writing about my experience with them. I agree with you...the color of the cardi is awesome and the earrings are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's Netflix for clothes, do you just rent the items for the month? Then buy it if you like it? I like the items you wore in this outfit! Those earrings are just perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I'm currently trying to think of things I can do in the next couple of days that require getting dressed up so I can wear the items I just received, and then send it back for another one. Unless someone else signs up with my link and gives me $15 off, I think I'll cancel after this month. It's just not really something that makes sense for me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those earrings are really fun - I love that they sent an extra item because your original item wasn't available!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cardigan and earrings are pretty. I like the idea of these subscription services but know they don't do well for me.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see your Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're the second person who has talked about this service... I'm pretty intrigued by it. You got some fun things. I really love those earrings and the floral dress.

    http://www.districthilo.com

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...