Saturday, October 31, 2015

Budget Rewind: October 2013



Good:
  • tall boots (almost identical): $56 - When I keep track of my purchases, I also make a note if I'm planning to return them. For some reason, these boots had that note. I think it may be because I had originally paid more than $60 for them but then managed to get them for less down the road. Either way, these are my favorite boots. Good job, past Kate.
  • brownnavy, and grey tights (same style): $15 - I can't remember how or why this happened, but The Limited was running some great promotion that put me in a position to get three pairs of tights for $15 total. 7 wears for the navy tights + 4 wears for the brown tights + 0 for the grey = almost win? 
Medium:
  • target necklace (option): $11 - Medium purchase considering I bought it because I saw it on other bloggers (or a similar version). I don't love it, but I make it work.
  • black vest (this year's version): $24 - It's super light, so it's super non-functional, but it's a good completer piece. I also should have sized up. The zippers stick, too. I remember ordering one in pink, too. I couldn't get the zippers to work on that one at all, so I returned it. I've been considering buying this one as a replacement. I know it would get a lot of wear, but I'm waiting for it to go on super sale.
Bad:
  • tall booties/short boots (this year's versiontall version) $?? - I know these were on clearance, and I know that I was with a friend when I found them and I said "Aren't they fabulous? They're just so different." Lesson learned: different isn't always a good thing. Especially if different means an awkward-height boot for a big-calved lady. 

I'm not sure what to say for this rewind. Some good, some medium, and some (one) bad. I guess there are two lessons... don't buy something just because it's "different" (tall booties), and if there are problems with an item before you even wear it, return it (black vest). Especially if it's an item you can easily find elsewhere. 

1 comment:

  1. What is it with grey tights seeming hard to style?? You did great overall with your purchases that year. You got some pretty functional pieces which is great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...