Monday, September 21, 2015

undecided

I've been spending some time lately trying to organize my clothes and fit everything in one closet. I'm almost there, but I'm having a tough time letting go of certain pieces. Like anything that my mom ever bought me. Or anything that I could see my cousin wearing. And certain pieces that I have no logical reason for keeping, like this cardigan. On one hand, it gets worn about once a year. On the other hand, it does get worn every year. 

And then there are those pieces that get worn once a week. Like this tank. I bought it last month, but forgot to put it in my August budget. I don't know how I've gone so long without loose non-fitted tanks like this one. I'm undecided as to whether I'd recommend it. It's so easy to throw on, but I hate how it washes. I don't put it in the dryer because I don't want it to shrink, but when it comes out of the washer (and when it finally air dries), it's as stiff as cardboard. That's rayon for you. (Or is only this way for me?)



Tank: Old Navy | exact
Cardigan: The Limited | option
Necklace: Forever 21 | option
Pants: Old Navy | exact
Flats: J. Lo via Kohl's | option

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, maybe put the cardigan in a "maybe" bag for awhile and if you forget about it, donate/sell it...if you miss it, keep it?? I think that's what I would do but I struggle with the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aren't look tank tops the best.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that I don't like cardigans without buttons. Which is weird, because I never button my cardigans. What does it mean?? This is one of those existential crises, I guess.

    Anyway, I would say to get rid of it, since you only wear it once a year, and don't sound super excited about it. Or wear it more. That would be an alternate solution, but wouldn't help your closet storage space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a few other questions you could ask yourself when looking through everything-- Would you still buy it if you saw it in a store today? Does it bring you joy? Are you excited to wear it? Do you have many ways to wear it? Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...