Monday, September 28, 2015

September Budget



1. silky tee: $24 (orig. $40)
2. pendant necklace: $7 (orig. $40)
3. white tank: $4 (orig. $13)
4. striped tee: $16 (orig. $27)

= $51

I forgot to include the white tank in my August Budget, so I'm adding it here. I've been waiting for the striped tee to go on clearance, but I finally caved in during a recent promotion. The same goes with the necklace, although I was just waiting for free shipping. The silky tee was the only unplanned purchase... kind of. I had been having difficulties getting dressed in the morning, so I wanted to buy something that I knew I would wear right away and that would avoid the rigmarole. The mauve tee was the perfect solution.

I bought a few other things this month, but I haven't decided yet as to whether I will keep them or not - either because they haven't arrived yet due to shipping issues, or because they are fall items and it has been way too hot to wear them. I'm waiting for it to get cool enough to want to wear navy and/or black ankle pants (both which I need to replace current ones that don't fit) and a grey tank and cardigan. I'm waiting for similar items from Old Navy (full length Pixie pants (in black) and ankle length Pixies (in navy) and a couple tank tops (coral and grey)) - hopefully they'll arrive soon so I can make some decisions.

Pants are the only thing that I'll continue to shop for next month. I'd like a replacement pair of skinny jeans (eyeing these or these) and maybe another pair of "everyday pants" (no idea what those might even look like yet). How did you do this month? What are you shopping for this fall?


[Linking up with Fran for Budgeting Bloggers]

10 comments:

  1. you did awesome this month

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great this month! It sounds like you were very practical with your purchases and bought things you really wanted. September was a splurge month for me. I finally bit the bullet and bought a few items I'd been wanting for a long time when I found them on sale. A few thrifted gems and cheap jewelry finds also. A large spending month but on items I really wanted! Now if it cools off, I can try them all out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a pretty decent month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gotta do what you gotta do. That being said, I really like the mauve tee you picked up. I know that color will look fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mauve top and the pendant! You found some great deals this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mauve tee is so pretty. That's kind of how I felt about a black dress I bought this month. It's just such an easy piece to throw on for work without having to think too much. (It's also an a-line swing shape, so I don't have to worry about it fitting! It's always comfy! Haha.)

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you worn the mauve tee on the blog yet? I don't think so but I could have missed it. Anyway, I was eyeballing it so I would love a review! Also keep us posted on pants because that's always something I should shop for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the relaxed fit of all your tops! I have been wanting to add more of those to my wardrobe as well. They are so comfortably and hide what you want to hide without being bulky. Can't wait to see you in that pretty mauve tee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Have you seen this? http://www.modcloth.com/shop/basic-tops/lets-take-this-outside-top-in-bears

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did great this month :) I stayed under budget, which I'm happy about. Going forward, this season is all about the outer layers and footwear for me. We'll see if anything worthwhile turns up :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...