Wednesday, September 16, 2015

old reliable

What do you call it when the same dress gets worn at the beginning of every school year? I'd say reliable. That, or predictable. Either way, I'm back in the swing of teaching again (and I have two sections of blessings compared to what I had this summer). In the past I've worn this [navy] dress on its own (here) or belted with a cardigan (here). It was too hot for a cardigan this time, and I wanted to try to mix things up a bit. My first idea was to go for my yellow floral flats (which are still available online!). But alone the outfit seemed incomplete. Enter yellow belt. End adventure of getting dressed. 

Do you have a dress you call "old reliable"? What makes it reliable for you?



Dress: The Limited | option
Belt: The Limited | option
Flats: J. Crew Factory | exact

7 comments:

  1. you can never go wrong with a black dresses

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always reach for my black and white striped dress. It's very versatile like your black one, can be worn in multiple seasons, is easily layered, and is so comfortable! This is super cute with your shoes and accessories. The belt was the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reliable dresses are so good to have! I have a couple that come to mind, but then I sometimes wonder if my navy leopard dress is still cool? Or like was navy leopard ever cool? In which case, it's still okay for me to wear? I think of it as basically a neutral, but sometimes people say things when I'm wearing it that make me wonder if it's bolder than I realize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am actually wearing a dress that is considered reliable for me on the blog today. I love dresses that are machine washable and changes a look by a few accessories. Great look!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few pieces that get worn regularly around back to school time too. I love how you switched it up with the yellow and adorable floral flats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely stunning!!

    Roxi- goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this outfit, Kate! That dress is so pretty - it can be worn in so many different ways! Dresses like these are my favorites. I have a few frequently-worn dresses like this. I typically reach for them when I'm tired of figuring out what to wear, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...