Friday, September 25, 2015

grey and black, again

Once upon a time, I wore my sleeveless grey dress layered over a pink button up. I really liked that outfit, and anticipate that it will end up on my favorite cold weather looks of 2015. So when I woke up to another 80+ degree day and needed to come up with an outfit for teaching, I thought about that outfit, and I made it work for warm weather.

I want to thank those of you who have been continuously offering support during my time of grief. I don't want to make my blog about it, but I also don't want to ignore what was attached to these outfits. To me, this isn't just a grey dress layered over a black shirt. This is the outfit I wore when I felt compelled to take Jade's prescription kidney food back to the vet (no sense in keeping it, but no sense in throwing away unopened cans). I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, but I ended up breaking down before I could get a sentence out to the receptionist.

To leave things on a lighter note, what's the difference between bird flu and swine flu?

If you have bird flu, you need tweetment. If you have swine flu, you need oink-ment.




Dress: Old Navy | option
Shirt: The Limited | option
Flats: via Target | option

5 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha great joke :) I'm sorry things are still rough. I hope you're able to do something fun this weekend. What about putting together a little memorial for her? When my brother's cat died, it was their first baby and they were devastated, they made a picture frame with a picture of her and hung her collar inside. A project might help you guys channel that energy into something positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this outfit and I like your joke. It's good that you took the medicine back, even though it was hard. Internet stranger hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate,
    First time commenter here! I really love your blog and love to see your outfits and my favorite part is your budget rewinds! I had just written a long comment about how frustrated I was getting with reading these type of posts when some of your readers have experienced much more profound loss than a pet (my brother was killed last year)-- maybe you have too? But instead I will just say this: I sincerely hope you are able to reflect on the many amazing years you had with your cat and channel that positive energy into spreading love to another animal or your fellow humans. I look forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that joke!!! And that outfit - super cute, hope it gave you the strength to get through all these tough days :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have abandoned this dress this summer for some reason, but i think you've inspired me to put together an outfit with it next week! i love the way the short-sleeved button-down looks underneath it and i have one i think will work just as well! i also appreciate your humor (never heard that joke before but i'll have to tell it to my sister now...) and the thoughts you are sharing about the loss of jade. it's hard when major things happen in our lives but then we never talk about them because you lose the opportunity to seek strength and compassion from other people. i've been thinking about you a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...