Tuesday, September 22, 2015

feeling, not fit

It has been over a year since I last wore this dress. That might not seem like a long time, especially since I have a habit of doing that. (Just yesterday I featured a knit cardigan I hadn't worn in over a year.) But when you really love something, going without it for a year is a long time. Long story short, I didn't feel great about the way I looked in it the last time I wore it, and with steady weight gain, I didn't even consider wearing it again until I had lost weight.

Then one day I woke up and really wanted to wear this dress, and so I did. I didn't care about whether it fit me or not; all I cared about was how I felt in it. And I felt great. Isn't that what really matters?



Necklace: ShyBoutique
Dress: The Limited
Flats: via Target


[linking up with Laura]

13 comments:

  1. Dress looks gorgeous on you! Seriously. You should wear it more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great! It's a really flattering dress on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look awesome in that dress

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great on you! As much as I advocate dressing your body shape, if it makes you feel good and it zips-- wear it! I love the stripes with the solid. It fits you so well from what I can tell in the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are our own worst critic - truthfully that dress looks great, don't psych yourself out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you'll add this dress back into regular rotation--I think it fits you beautifully, and it's such a versatile piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is seriously amazing on you. You definitely need to rock it out some more. The black and white go with so many accessories! I think you are being too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this dress looks amazing on you and you need to wear it more.


    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this dress! It looks great on you!! And if you feel good in it, that's all that really matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well everyone already said it, but I also think you look great in this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree! You look great in this dress and if it makes you happy you should wear it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress looks awesome on you! I love all the colors and hint of stripes going on here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...