Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Budget Rewind: September 2014



Good:
  • black scarf: $5 - I'm not sure the thought of owning a black scarf ever crossed my mind until I needed something cheap to qualify for free shipping. It has ended up working out, but realistically, it only took a few wears to justify the purchase. 

Medium:
  • lace front top: $19 - In theory, this top is perfect for me. Sporty baseball tee meets feminine lace and pink? The only reason it's not a good purchase is because I don't love it as much as I thought I would when I ordered it online. The sleeves aren't pink but rather some tan/flesh color. The only reason I've managed to wear it as much as I have is probably because I've forced myself to.
  • two-tone heels: $5 (after discounts and store credit) - worn three times, which isn't great, but isn't terrible. I still like them, but I've been wearing heels far less frequently when I teach. 

Bad:
  • joggers: $23 - A seam has split down the side of these, and so they're out of commission right now. But even if I got them sewn up, they're still too tight when I sit down. I love how joggers look on everyone else, but I feel like I can't pull them off.

A typical budget rewind for me: mostly medium purchases, but some good and some bad. Thinking back on it now, I realize my bad purchases tend to be one of the following: (1) impulse purchases, (2) "I'm allowed to buy whatever I want without remorse" purchases, and (3) trendy/fad purchases. Joggers fall in this third category. Future Kate, listen up: stop buying items that are cool in the moment but will be silly in the future. Stop impulse purchasing. Your impulse purchases only work out 5% of the time, and that's not good enough.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the weird color of the sleeves on that baseball tee--it would be so cute with blush pink sleeves!
    I'm totally with you on the theme of bad purchases--I almost always regret the super trendy pieces I buy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...