Monday, September 14, 2015

a new chapter

[This is the post I had written and planned to post last Monday, but when our cat, Jade, passed the day before, I decided against posting it. I am posting the original content to remember the joy that all of us felt when we moved into our new place.]

My husband and I moved. It didn't take much time or deliberation to see that it was the right choice for us. We're still in the process of unpacking, but despite the boxes and bags and stacks of books that are taking over the foyer, quality of life has already drastically improved. I've been overwhelmed with simple pleasures that I've been missing out on for years. Like bathroom sinks that are designed sloping inwards, so that when water splashes, it goes into the sink rather than all over the counter. And a (private) space to grill. And natural lighting. I could go on and on about how much better life is with natural lighting. Oddly enough, my blog pictures are not better off with natural lighting. My camera doesn't know what to do, so bear with me for now.

What are the little things in your home that bring you joy?




Necklace: J. Crew Factory
Long sleeve tee: via Kohl's
Skirt: J. Crew Factory
Flats: via Target


[linking up with Laura]

12 comments:

  1. I am glad you are back with an outfit post and with a new positive change in your life. Your skirt and necklace match your attitude towards your new home. With that said, I am very sorry about the loss of your cat pet. RIP!

    <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear you have some good news in your life at the moment!! What sparked the move? Just needed something different? Natural lighting makes SUCH a difference!! Our old apartment in Denver was so dark all the time--plus it was winter so it was dark by 4:30 anyway. So depressing! Our new place is HUGE, larger than any place I've ever lived. Also, after living without a dishwasher for three years, having one makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your new place is working out well for you. It is amazing what the little extras in a new place can do for your state of mind. You look amazing and I am in love with that pretty skirt on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your new place.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you and your move! I hope you can enjoy the place and it feels like home soon, even without sweet Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you still posted this. New spaces are so exciting and I'm so happy you're enjoying the little pleasures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new place sounds great, and I'm so glad to hear it's making you happy :) Your skirt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving can be a daunting and exciting at the same time. I always hate packing and unpacking but love unloading all the things I have accumulated through the years. We've been in our home for 5 years and we picked everything that we wanted in our house so really love everything about it.

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for a new place! We've been in this house for 4 years and are talking about if/when we will move and what we want in the new house. I remember when we moved in, I was SO EXCITED to have a garage and a backyard! And a whole laundry ROOM instead of just a closet. I was sad to have a smaller closet than in our apartment, but there's enough random other space for everything. And now I'm like "how did we fill this whole house up with crap??" and trying to systematically get rid of things we don't need!

    Anyway, I hope the happiness is still there, even in the midst of the sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting, it sounds like the move was perfect for you! Did you move to a new area/location or just a new home in the same area? I know it can be kind of stressful to start over somewhere new. But natural lighting is so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that you and and your guy were able to move into a new home that makes you happier! It sounds wonderful! Kevin and I are still pretty in love with our new house - it still hits me every once in a while that it's ours, which is kind of fun. I love our deck - it's such a beautiful, quiet place to read a book or chat with a friend. We don't have a ton of natural light in our house (which is a bit unfortunate as I LOVE natural light), but it's not too dim. It's the perfect size for our little family, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...