Tuesday, July 28, 2015

zig zag

How do you feel about the saying, "There's a first time for everything?" I generally try to avoid clichés like the plague, but lately I've been clichéing all over the place. My husband and I found out last week that one of our dogs is allergic to thirteen different kinds of grasses, weeds, insects, etc. During the past week our cat wasn't eating her food, and so we took her to the vet on Saturday. The blood test results came back yesterday, revealing that she has really high kidney values. The vet recommended three day hospitalization for IV fluids. When she told me how much that would run, I said, "Wow, when it rains, it really pours, doesn't it?!" 

Moral of the story? I've never worn a maxi dress while teaching, but I did on Friday. Like I said... there's a first time for everything.



Necklace: groopdealz | almost exact
Dress: H&M | exact - now only $10!
Cardigan: The Limited | option

8 comments:

  1. such a fun dress. Sorry to hear about your pets being sick. I hope they feel better soon. Hugs

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pattern is so fun! It's a really cute dress, I don't see anything wrong with wearing this to teach.

    Roxi - goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is wonderful one you; great pattern.

    So sorry to hear about your pets. What do you even do for a dog that's allergic to grass?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Does the vet think that hospitalization and fluids will resolve it for good, or is it potentially an ongoing issue? I'm feeling the whole when it rains it pours cliche too, just with household items. We've had the door to the washing machine, the baby monitor, and the garage door break all within the past two weeks (and two of those things in one weekend!).

    That dress is really cute though, and I think it looks great for teaching! I can't tell what kind of shoes you have on, but for me that was always the biggest struggle for making me comfortable wearing a maxi to work. I like wearing sandals with them best, but have found that flats work just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your furbabies; it's never any fun to go to the vet but I hope they feel better soon. On the bright side, you look amazing in that dress. It's really pretty. I think you should wear maxi dresses more often... although, I understand how difficult they are sometimes!

    NCsquared Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed when this dress was new, but I absolutely love it on you!

    Sorry about the furry family members. Hope they all recovered OK! My parent's dog is allergic to corn, so they have to be super careful what they feed him or he chews his fur off because his skin itches. Poor little things ending up with stuff humans deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain! And vet bills are the worst! There was a month last year when we spent more on vet bills for our cat than on our daughter! So wrong. But this dress is so right. I love the classic black and white but with the interesting pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geez, no kidding! Plus, it's not like insurance helps with pet bills. On the bright side, now you have a new outfit formula for work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...