Tuesday, July 14, 2015

this is how I summer

I feel like summer gets an awful lot of hate in the blogosphere. Maybe it's just because I'm a July baby, but I like summer. I like not having to wear socks. I like not having to wear pants. I especially like laying out by the pool and soaking up rays (although there hasn't been time for that this summer, wahn wahn). I'll admit it can be tricky to look stylish in the summer. But it's not impossible.

So here's my advice, especially if you have to deal with 90+ degree heat:
1) Avoid form fitting clothing. Go for roomy items that let you breathe, like soft shorts.
2) Patterns! Forget scarves and statement necklaces, let your prints serve as a point of interest.
3) If you have to accessorize, I say opt for embellished sandals and/or sunglasses on the head. 

What are your tips for looking put together while staying comfortable in the dog days of summer?



Top: Old Navy | exact
Shorts: Old Navy | exact
Purse: Big Buddah (gifted)
Sandals: via Target | exact

12 comments:

  1. Aren't soft shorts the best?? I find myself not wanting to wear any of my other shorts anymore. Haha. And Happy Birthday Month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a July baby too

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am born in December but I LOVE Summer :) And I think this is the perfect Summer outfit. I do it the exact same way - loose shorts, an oversized blouse with short sleeves and some sandals. I think its so easy to dress up in Summer whereas I find it much harder in Winter when I feel like wearing woolen sweaters and Jeans every day ;)
    xx
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your effortless, summer style.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer is awesome! I just wish it lasted a little longer. Great tips for dressing for the heat. This outfit is so put together for the summer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer is my fave for dressing! I love not having to worry about being cold everywhere I go. A tank, shorts, and sandals is my favvvvvvve outfit, sub the shorts for jeans in the evenings. You're right to go with the looser items, especially on top. I love this look! Oh, and minimal accessories when it's super hot too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love summer, too! It's a little trickier to remix stuff, because layers aren't really a great idea, but I guess I don't care about making "blogworthy" outfits enough to complain. And as I sit here, I am wearing patterned shorts and a simple tank top. Simple, cool (temperature-wise), and I think decently cute. I just need some sparkly sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love summers season, the long days are just the best. I try to keep my outfits simple in the summer and always in loose light layers. I tend to use more colors and patterns to add interest to an outfit. I like the idea of using some fun embellish sandals.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Stop by for a $25 gift card giveaway to The Mint Julep Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree! I try to plan outfits that don't need a lot of accessories because of the heat. And I recently bought a pair of soft shorts and I want to wear them EVERY day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree! I try to plan outfits that don't need a lot of accessories because of the heat. And I recently bought a pair of soft shorts and I want to wear them EVERY day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this just says effortless, casual, summer cool to me - i love this look, kate! now that i've gotten over my aversion (mostly) to feet, i think i need to try to get over my aversion to shorts so i can put together an outfit like this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...