Thursday, July 23, 2015

periwinkle for the win

Is it just me, or do you also get frustrated with this time of year? You know... that time when it's so very hot outside but retail stores are slowly starting to slip fall items into their collections? And when pumpkin spiced latte madness is just around the corner? On the other hand, I do look forward to the day when it doesn't feel like I'm getting into a sauna when I enter my car. We got a couples of those days earlier this week and I took the opportunity to wear my favorite summer sweater. It's realistically my favorite because it's periwinkle, and let's be real, periwinkle is pretty much the best color. Wouldn't you agree? 



Necklace: The Limited
Sweater: J. Crew Factory | similar
Skirt: J. Crew Factory | exact*
*inventory is always changing, so keep checking on it
Sandals: via Target | exact

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty color combo! Our hot summer days doesn't happen until Sept-Nov so when everyone else in the country is in pretty layers, I am still in summer clothes and complaining about the heat. We have super nice weather now (low 80s) and I can't complain.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Periwinkle is a beautiful color-I agree! And it looks amazing with your skirt! It is always frustrating when stores try to push you to the next season or holiday. I would like to enjoy the present thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree--this time of year is awful. I'm so over the whole "yay it's summer!" thing and would much rather there be in a chill in the air. Just gotta get through August!
    I agree that periwinkle is a lovely color--I just don't own any! I might have to check out your similar option for your sweater. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total agree with you on the periwinkle. I also hate that this time of year retailer are putting out fall items.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh i love all your Summer outfits! This one (with the pretty skirt!) and the previous ones! Really nice :)
    Have a wonderful day :)
    Larissa
    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. so perfect! i love that periwinkle color on you and it looks so great with that skirt! i'm kicking myself for missing out on it..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am admittedly not much of a summer person in general. While I do enjoy my summers off, I find myself itching to teach, wear scarves, and not be so dang hot all of the time!

    I really like the color combination you have going on here! Periwinkle + Coral = AWESOME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...