Monday, July 20, 2015

i'm feeling good

As much as I love buying and wearing new things, I have days when I just want to wear older pieces. It has less to do with what's old and what's new as much as it has to do with what have been good decisions. Black tee (that comes with me on almost every vacation)? Good decision. Striped a-line skirt (that I've had since 2011)? Good decision. Black patent flats (that cost $5)? Good decision. 

While I've made plenty of bad clothing purchases in the past, when I put together an outfit like this, I am reminded that I know how to make good decisions. And that is a good feeling. Do you know what else is a good feeling? I play in an adult soccer league and I've scored three goals in the past three games. A goal a game? I'll take it! (Let's not talk about the near-two year scoring drought that preceded this streak.) What kinds of things are you feeling good about these days?



Necklace: The Limited
Tee: SO via Kohl's | similar
Skirt: The Limited | similar
Flats: via Target | similar

8 comments:

  1. Love the stripe skirt. Looking fabulous!

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy in these photos! My son is a huge soccer fan and we are seeing Barcelona play against LA Galaxy tomorrow night. He is so crushed that his favorite players are not playing. Soccer is a tough sport - way to go!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think "classics" could never be called "old". When something works, you gotta stick with it. This look does wonders for you :) And congrats on the three goals! I'm super impressed you are on a soccer league, work those legs!!

    Roxi - goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely picked some good pieces here! I love that skirt. And congratulations on your goals :) These days I'm feeling pretty good about my new apartment starting to look and feel like home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This skirt is too cute! I love how the feminine way of styling it here. I need to pull out some older pieces from my wardrobe and re-wear them on the blog :) Would love to invite you to link up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" which went live today.
    Rachel xo

    Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me is now LIVE here
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your hair in these pictures!! I'm feeling good about this dog we adopted - what a life-changing move :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love wearing pieces like that! I try to wear everything that's in my closet but always feel best in those tried and true pieces. Those are also the ones I wear on a quick-dress day and when packing! I think packing truly proves what your wardrobe workhorses are huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking great, lady! i love the feeling you get when outfits like this come together! and i know you've mentioned it here and there before, but i enjoyed hearing more about the soccer team you're on - way to go on the goals!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...