Thursday, July 30, 2015

Budget Rewind: July 2014



Good:
  • JCF blue tank: $5 - I wear this tank regularly when layering and when lounging around the house. It has done it's purpose, but I probably wouldn't buy another one again since it pulls across the chest more than I prefer.

Medium:
  • JCF blue dress: $40 - The thing that keeps this from being a good purchase is that it doesn't fit perfectly. It's a smidge too short, and the skirt is poofy in a weird way.
  • JCF necklace: $10 - For the price I paid, I can't say it was a bad purchase, but I really thought I'd wear it more often than I do. 
  • JCF bracelet: $9 - I have the hardest time judging whether jewelry is a good or bad purchase. Unless it's something that I wear a lot, I hesitate to call it a good purchase. This one gets worn, although I can't remember exactly when. Split the difference and call it a medium purchase.
  • Gap scarf: $9 - I really do like this scarf, but its design makes it difficult to wear. It's on the bulkier side, heavier material, but clearly has a spring vibe to it. Hopefully we'll get some cooler days before fall kicks in so I can wear it more.

Honorable Mentions:
  • JCF pink scarf: $10 - returned. I am terrible when it comes to buying scarves. I just want them all. I realized this one was too bright and I would probably never end up wearing it. 


A collection of medium purchases means that this wasn't a great month of shopping, but it wasn't a terrible one either. I honestly could have lived without any of these items, but the blue dress is by far my favorite of the month.

8 comments:

  1. pretty sure I almost ordered that dress a few times. If you think it's too short, I'm glad I didn't get it (because I think I'm a few inches taller than you). Lots of medium is better than lots of bad (Deep thoughts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also purchased that green/purple/blue GAP scarf and love it! I love that it is 100% cotton and that it seems to match with anything and everything. However, I agree that it can be a little bulky and it has to be the right kind of weather to be comfortable. I really enjoy your budget recaps and wish I could be organized enough to do the same. It seems to encourage insightful reflection about purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a bummer that the tank top pulls.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed through these posts that you are good about thinking through the things you might not wear and returning them. I think that's saved you from a lot of "bad" purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Inge. You are very good about returning items after you buy them and think about them a little longer. I think I should do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to fight the urge to buy too many scarves too, particularly because I tend to gravitate toward similar colors and patterns. I agree with Inge that you are great about returning things that you realize really aren't worth keeping in your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I have the same issues with jewelry, which is why I don't have too many of them. I am so afraid that I will have all this stuff I won't ever wear (what ended up happening in my high school days), so I'm very picky when it comes to that nowadays. Looks like it wasn't too bad of a month though, it's a shame about the scarves, I think you can never have too many of those...

    Roxi - goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These posts are seriously the best! I love that you return items after having bought them - it's something I've been doing more of as well, and it feels good to be more discerning as I shop. Hopefully, I'll get to the point where I'm such an expert shopper (haha) that I'll be able to make those decisions clearly before I buy them so I don't have to wind up returning them.

    I'm bummed to hear that the blue dress doesn't fit you as you'd like - whenever you wear it, it looks so beautiful on you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...