Wednesday, May 13, 2015

berry crush

Last week, I played hooky and went to the Outlet Mall. I nearly walked away empty handed and would have had I been able to show some self control. But I just can't resist $6 scarves. While I was tempted by saddle and seaport blue I chose berry crush because I no longer had a dark floral scarf (after giving one back to the friend who had given me that scarf in the first place). Replacements are totally justified purchases, right?

Even if they're not, multi-colored scarves are always justified purchases. You can obviously pair them with whatever colors are in the scarf itself, or experiment with contrasting and coordinating colors. I honestly couldn't decide what color top to pair this scarf with first. I had it narrowed down between black, white, coral, fuchsia, and mint. Fuchsia won the battle, but it's the scarf berry crush that wins the war.



Scarf: J. Crew Factory | exact
Cardigan: The Limited | similar
Dress: Old Navy | similar
Flats: via Target | exact



[linking up with Laura and Lindsey]

14 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong with a 6 dollars scarf.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute. I adore the scarf too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that scarf, but what really catches my eye is that skirt. Oh how I wish I had skirts I liked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. A dress, not a skirt. You totally fooled me.
      2. No idea what this bpjshev thing is...hmm.

      Delete
  4. No need to ever feel guilty about a cute $6 scarf! I probably would have bought all three!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good find and a replacement scarf for $6 is awesome self control.

    Alice


    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty scarf! That cardigan sets it off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of multicolored scarves these days too! This one is so pretty and definitely worth the $6 you paid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Berry is a really pretty color, especially for Spring and Summer and I think it looks great with that grey skirt!
    xx
    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pink top! I'm hosting a fashion link up at the moment and I'd love you to stop by :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. 6 scarves are hard to resist! and will almost certainly end up with a low cost per wear. i approve!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Berry crush is such a fitting name for that scarf. Great choice in getting that by the way. Who can resist a $6 scarf?? And if that's all the damage you did at the outlets, I'd say you came out ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this outfit features so many of my favorite things -- that old navy dress, yes, plus bright colors and fun scarves! one of these days i need to venture to the closest outlet here that has a JCF if deals like that can be found!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YESSSS, I love this! I'm trying to get a few more multicolored/printed scarves in my collection. I'm all about versatility in my closet, so they're the ideal accessory for me :) And for only $6? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...