Wednesday, April 15, 2015

stripes and fireworks

We're halfway through April, which means we're also halfway through the Top Ten Remix challenge. I've managed to keep up with the challenge, especially if you count honorable mentions. I haven't worn all ten items yet because the weather is much cooler this month than I anticipated. Oh well. My split-back top is making its second appearance today though, just in time for Sarah's link up.

Don't be surprised if I wear this outfit again but replace the striped blazer for a black one. Or replace the firework necklace with a longer necklace. Don't you love when minor modifications can result in countless more outfit possibilities? 




Blazer: Shade Clothing | save, spend
Necklace: ShyBoutique | same style
Top: Old Navy | exact - save 30% w/code TAXDAY
Ankle Pants: The Limited | option
Flats: via Target | almost exact


[also linking up with The Pleated Poppy and White Coat Wardrobe]

14 comments:

  1. What a great outfit. The statement necklace totally completes the look. Thanks for sharing!

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that blazer! I never met a stripe I didn't like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that fun necklace. I do love making slight changes to make a different look.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rely so heavily on black tees and black pants because like you said, minor modifications like switching accessories or top layer can totally change a look. Another favorite way of mine to switch it up is to have fun with different shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this blazer, so I also love this outfit - every outfit with a nice blazer on top is a pretty outfit :D I also really like these flats... I have a similar pair from H&M which I love to wear.
    xx
    Larissa
    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just working on my packing post from my recent trip and thinking the same thing-minor switches can result in whole new outfits! I just love that striped blazer and it is adorable with your firework necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your statement necklace.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a classic look - I bet you could repeat it a million ways with minor modifications.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again, such a perfect outfit with neutrals. I like your name "firework necklace" for that statement necklace. It definitely does look like fireworks. I'd like to copy this outfit but my striped blazer is your opposite--navy with white stripes. I'm not sure how it would look with all black. Black and navy is a hard combo to pull off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. usually i steer clear of mostly-black looks, but i really like this one on you kate with the striped blazer and pow (!) of a necklace that break up all the black.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Striped blazer for the win!!! Love this. Thanks for adding your link to the linkup!

    ~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!! Love your necklace XO
    #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/04/linkupwithlisa-14-simply-salmon.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!!! Love your necklace XO
    #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/04/linkupwithlisa-14-simply-salmon.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, I'm all about making little modifications and tweaks to an outfit! It's my favorite thing about having so many neutral, sort of boring pieces, haha. Throw on a fun necklace or bright scarf, and you have a brand new outfit! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...