Wednesday, April 8, 2015

new additions

A few weeks ago I was in Old Navy returning an oversized cardigan and a scarf I didn't need. I was in one of those rare moods where I was willing to try on pants, and tried on some Pixie pants. While I'm in between sizes in the regular line, the chinos were pretty much perfect. Olive pants have been on my wishlist for years, so I'm happy to have finally found some that actually work.

I took a bunch of tops into the dressing room with me (as mentioned in a previous post) and this one was my favorite. (I love the back of it, which, of course, I didn't get a photo of today.) The pink (not available online) spoke more to me to begin with, but the following weekend I came back for the same one in black. 

It's not often that I buy pieces on a whim, but these are two pieces I truly see myself getting a good amount of wear from. (Honestly, this will probably be my go-to outfit on any non-teaching 60-70 degree day.)

[top ten item: split back top]



Top: Old Navy | exact
Necklace: (souvenir) | option
Pants: Old Navy | exact
Sandals: via Target | this year's version



[linking up with Alice]

19 comments:

  1. Those pants look great. Perfect for the spring.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! Those pants really do fit you well. I still have yet to try the chino Pixies, but the regular ones look pretty terrible on me. Whomp, whomp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this simple, yet totally perfect look! The pants are a serious win...and I'm jealous they look so good on you. I tried them on this past weekend and they didn't suit my short legs :(

    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer :( Did you consider getting them hemmed?

      Delete
  4. Such a simple yet chic outfit. I have yet to find a pair of Old Navy pants that fit me right, but I might have to go try on the chinos since you report the fit is different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they work out for you! Since posting these pants last, I've had some people tell me they went to try the chinos out and the fit was really funky. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Perfect look - it looks comfy & chic!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the black top! I love Old Navy. Really need to go there sometime! :)
    Looks so comfy. I've always wanted to wear colored pants, but I've always been to afraid too. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would start in the neutral territory. I still can't get myself to wear red pants, but I have darker colors and some neutrals. You should give it a shot!

      Delete
  7. I adore this whole look! I'm totally going to steal this look once ankle pants + sandals weather rolls around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a simple and chic outfit. Is it that warm here? You should see my outfit today and laugh at what I am wearing lol. Love Old Navy Chinos. I need a chevron necklace like those - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I love the color of those pants, perfect for a fun neutral!
    -Abby-
    A Peck on the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to know that the chinos fit differently than the original Pixie pants since the originals don't fit me very well. I'm going to have to try the chinos! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This may be one of my favorite outfits that you have put together this year. So simple yet gorgeous!

    Roxi - www.persianfrenchie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple and cute. I need to wear my olive pants more.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pants look INCREDIBLE on you. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! The olive pants! Are those the same ones I used as a dressing room mat? They look amazing on you! If they fit me like that, I would have bought them too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay for the olive pants! i swear i am going to be inspired to wear mine one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, those pants look excellent on you, Kate! And I love how they look with that pretty top, as well! I can see you wearing these pants in a lot of different ways...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...