Thursday, April 16, 2015

Make it Work: black trim blouse

After putting together January 2013's Budget Rewind, I realized I had done a terrible job of wearing my black trim blouse. (Two wears in two years? Oy.) I was trying to come up with a way to wear it recently, when I remembered some advice I've shared in the past: pair a neglected item with something you love and/or something new. (Good advice, wouldn't you say?)

I also wanted to challenge myself to wear my new vest/sleeveless blazer with something other than a sleeveless top. Mission accomplished! Is it bad that I'm contemplating getting this vest in black, too? Talk me out of it? Or convince me that it is the perfect piece for summer?

[top ten remix items: sleeveless vest and leopard flats]



Vest/Sleeveless Blazer: Forever 21 | exact
Black Trim Blouse: The Limited | option
Watch & Belt: gifts c/o mom-in-law
Skinny Jeans: The Limited | option
Flats: Christian Siriano via Payless | option


[linking up with Alice]

13 comments:

  1. I like how you belted your vest in this look. Classy in black & white!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I really like the classic black and white here! That blouse looks amazing with your new vest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this turned out so well! I was a little worried about how you would style your sleeveless blazer. I'd have to say, I'm no longer worried. This looks amazing! The belt helps show off your shape and pulls the whole look together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic outfit Kate! Those flats are to die for. Are they comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The flats are so very comfortable. I wish I would have bought two of the same pair because these are starting to fade and I just want the same ones again!

      Delete
  5. That looks awesome on you. The thumbnail tricked me into thinking you were wearing an asymmetrical shirt with black trim, but this look sooo good! Go you!
    Tea
    www.whatmamawear.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start a "make it work" series. SO many pieces sit in my closet, neglected, and then on a whim I pull them out and just donate them, without ever really trying to make them work first. Bad, bad habit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you paired this vest with the blouse and belt a lot more in this outfit. And can we take a second to talk about those shoes? They are cuuuuute!

    Roxi - www.persianfrenchie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It almost hits that pajama chic look with the vest belted over the top. It's a good thing btw. I love the vest. As much as I'm trying to back off the buying multiple color variations of a specific piece, it's so much something that I usually do and I would get the black vest in a heart beat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this combination! it almost looks like it's one top, but i like the black trim peaking out! and i like the leopard flats -- i bought a pair a couple months ago and can't figure out what to wear them with, for some reason they totally stump me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that advice about pairing it with something you love! I've never heard it before but I'm definitely going to keep it in mind :)

    xo, Maddy
    http://cassidylou.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yessss! Whenever I have something I'm on the fence about or that is neglected, I typically pair it with something that is much loved in my closet :) I love how the leopard flats look with the outfit as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a sharp outfit! Love seeing all the ways you've styled this vest, but this one might be my favorite!

    Tiffany
    www.StyleSidebar.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...