Thursday, April 9, 2015

another top ten honorable mention

I had a really hard time deciding on my ten for The Top Ten Remix. I must have made at least five collages before finally settling. One of the items that didn't make the cut was my arrow sweatshirt (as seen on Monday). My grey smoking flats also did not make the cut. I felt like an item I have only worn once can't really be a quintessential example of my style or myself.

But then there's that part of me that is full of glee every time I look down and see them on my feet. While they obviously work with black pants and jeans, I can't figure out how to wear them for warmer weather. Any suggestions?? 



Scarf: Gap | option, option
Top: J. Crew Factory | similar
Pants: The Limited | exact
Flats: Christian Siriano via Payless | option

6 comments:

  1. Those shoes are adorable! And that scarf! I'm a big scarf lover haha.

    Roxi - www.persianfrenchie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those shoes, and I also am having trouble styling them. I'll let you know if I come up with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these shoes but I also find it hard to think about a way to wear them which is not jeans or grey or black pants. I dont think you can wear them with a skirt or dress. Or did you ever try? If yes, I would love to see how it looks like!
    xx
    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about those flats. Shoes that are made of softer material that are made to look like wool or flannel just seem like a winter/fall shoe. You could try to pair them with a skirt or even ankle pants. I don't think the color you pair them with would matter so much since they're neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your t-shirt looks so soft! And the flats are awesome. I love that they are called "smoking flats." I totally think you could wear them with a skirt. Maybe from now until May? After that they would probably need a break until fall? I loooooove the color of them. Grey is the best neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these shoes look so cute on you! maybe wearing them today will remind you to reach for them again! i think it's good to have special things in our closets that make us smile that we don't over-wear, as maybe that will keep them special longer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...