Monday, March 23, 2015

TTT: favorite sale item

When Bri announced that this month's Third Thursday Threads theme was "favorite sale item", I got really excited. I rarely pay full price for anything, which essentially means I had my entire closet to choose from. But when it came time to pick my favorite sale item, I was stuck. What is my favorite sale item, and more importantly, why is it my favorite?

It took two weeks to decide, but it finally dawned upon me when I was trying to get dressed this weekend and went to my closet to grab my white jeans, but they weren't there. I swore I just wore these out to dinner on Monday! I eventually found them in the clean-and-folded-but-needs-to-be-put-away laundry basket. 

My white jeans are my favorite sale purchase. They have Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants power. In all my weight fluctuations over the past two years, these jeans have never not fit me. What the what?! Yeah. On top of that, they go with pretty much anything and everything, and they were $17. I'm pretty sure I've gotten the cost-per-wear down to $1 by now. hashtag favorite sale item



Scarf: via Target | exact
Sweater: J. Crew Factory | last worn
White Jeans: Apt. 9 via Kohl's | almost exact
Flats: Steve Madden | exact

7 comments:

  1. Magic pants that fit you at any weight!? I need some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those!!! i need a pair of cute white pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for magic pants! I have missed my white jeans so much during this pregnancy, and I actually just bought a maternity pair a couple weeks ago for $17, which might be ridiculous, since I only have 6 weeks left, but I just NEEDED white jeans for this spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love magic pants that always fit! And even better that they are white jeans that go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I wish I had some magic white jeans--my pair tends to have the opposite effect. I need to check out Kohl's offerings more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only reason I am not wearing white jeans is because I don't want one of my student's heads to explode. (She is VERY adamant about no white until after Memorial Day.) She has until after Easter, and then I'm dropping the white pants bomb on her. Plus, I have two pairs of white pants that will work during pregnancy, and that's pretty magical at this point. Not as magical as your pants, but magical enough to be okay with her exploding head. Also, I really like this scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those sound like truly magical pants! I love the look of white jeans or pants, so classy! Navy and white is my favorite outfit color combo. Therefore, I love this outfit on you Kate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...