Wednesday, March 25, 2015

solid blouse + print scarf = obvious

Putting together my budget rewinds for January '13 and February '14 made me want to get more wear out of certain items such as my red silk blouse and watercolor scarf. Pairing them together just seemed obvious. But that was weeks ago, and I have since been waiting for the right weather to actually wear them. (Tell me I'm not the only one who will wait for "the right weather" to wear something??) Today it was finally cool enough to wear jeans and warm enough to wear flats. I'm not convinced that these flats were the right choice, though. Maybe these striped flats would be a better option? Or these espadrilles?? [Most reviewers said they had to size up. When I tried them on, I had to size down. What?!]



Scarf: The Limited | option*
Blouse: J. Crew | save, splurge
Jeans: LOFT | exact
Flats: J. Lo via Kohl's | option

*I almost bought it, but figured it was too similar to the one worn today



[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy]

13 comments:

  1. I really like this! I think I said this in your rewind post, but I love that red blouse! It looks great with your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that top with that scarf - and yes, totally seems obvious, which is often the best pairings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the flats looks great with this outfit. I do have sometimes wait for certain weather to wear an outfit.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lightweight long sleeve tops almost never see the light of day without a layer for me. I definitely have to wait until it is a certain temperature! I love the combination of right and your colorful scarf! It's a happy, bright outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, the blouse and scarf go together perfectly! I'll definitely wait for certain weather to wear things, especially when I have a certain type of shoe in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s such a great post! Awesome! I like your style of writing and your photos!
    I know how much time it requires to keep updating your blog, but don’t stop doing it!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for the perfect weather to wear this! I do think it would look great with those striped flats you linked to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well who cares if it was an obvious choice, it sure was a great one! i love everything about this look, including the flats that you're wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the flats are uber cute with the jeans and bring in a nice neutral element. The scarf is my favorite part however. I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, red is such a good color on you. And that scarf is a high flyer in your closet for a very good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These two items look lovely together! Good choice. Both of those Target shoes are adorable! The striped pair especially. They just seem like they'd be hard to keep on your feet. The espadrilles are some of my favorite shoes lately but after reading reviews about the stitching coming undone and them falling apart too quickly has stopped me. They are just absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually really like the flats you're wearing here - they're neutral so they go well with the outfit, and since they're not too "out there" they allow the pretty red blouse and your scarf to shine! :) I love how you look in red, by the way - jealousss!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...