Tuesday, March 31, 2015

olive pants, finally

For over two years now, I've had olive pants on my wishlist. During this time, I've heard great things about Old Navy's Pixie pants. I was skeptical that they would work for me. When I came across this pair online, I was tempted to order a pair to try, but I had no clue what size to order, so I didn't bother. A couple of weeks ago I was in Old Navy and decided to try the pants on. I'm so glad I did because they were great. Not perfect, but great.

I'm usually in the camp that you shouldn't buy something unless it's a perfect fit, but I think there's an exception to the rule: if you've wanted that thing for a really long time and you know that you'll get a justifiable amount of wear from it. Here I am anticipating that I will get a good amount of wear from it. Only time will tell how well I can see into the future.



Scarf: The Limited | last worn
Sweater: Lou & Grey via LOFT | option
Pixie Chinos: Old Navy | exact
Flats: Steve Madden via DSW | same style

8 comments:

  1. I like the olive pants! I wish I could fit in the Old Navy Pixie pants - the colors and price are so great. Sadly, I'm between two sizes, so it just doesn't work out. Glad you found olive pants!

    xo, Maddy
    http://cassidylou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you are right and that these get a lot of wear. Olive is one of the few colors that I just can't quite figure out for myself, so I'm happy to live vicariously through others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pixie pants are great, I love it in the olive color.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pants look great, and they seem like a great buy!


    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am willing to compromise on an item if I've waited a long time too and the price is right. These are adorable on you and I like how they look with your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why are the perfect olive pants so hard to find? I tried on the same pair but would prefer a tighter fit all over so I didn't get them. I like how this pair looks on you. They'll be perfect for spring and fall. I'm sure you'll get a ton of use from them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reallllly like how these pants look on you, Kate! They look really nice with that sweater, too - the muted neutrals are really pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay for the olive pants but darn you for looking so good in pixie pants, haha just kidding. please post an outfit of these pants at least once a week so i can build up an arsenal of ideas of how to wear my olive pants!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...