Thursday, March 26, 2015

March Budget


1. Old Navy sleeveless top: $15
2. Old Navy Pixie chinos: on promotion, $25
3. Gap striped tee: [no longer available online] $8
4. Kate Spade crossbody handbag [EDIT: RETURNED]
5. Target crossbody handbag: on promotion $22 - $5 gift card = $17 [EDIT: RETURNED]

= $48 - $21 clothes sold = $27

Olive pants have been on my wishlist for nearly two years, so I'm beyond happy with the purchase.
- I brought the sleeveless top with me to the dressing room and I ended up loving it. While I rarely pay full price for anything, I'm okay with this one since I can see myself wearing it a lot this summer, and it's not even available online in pink to buy for a cheaper price.
- The Gap tee was a "qualify for free shipping" addition, but it was my favorite part of the order -- and the only part I kept. (The other items I returned are no longer available online.)
- I probably don't need the Target bag. I thought it was a keeper, but now I'm on the fence. Go figure.

A lot of shopping took place this month that didn't make it to the official March Budget either because those items are in the mail or because they were returned. I reported some of those purchases last week. At the time I wrote the post, I planned on keeping this chunky cardigan and this print scarf, but I've since returned them because I just didn't love them.


Items in the mail...
  • Years ago, I found the best shorts at Old Navy. A respectable inseam length, not too tight, great colors, and affordable. The only problem is that those are now uncomfortably tight on my thighs, so I ordered a few pairs (black, white, pink) in my new size.
  • I've also found that boyfriend fits are 'regular' fits for me. I generally have a problem with denim shorts suctioning to my thighs, so I'm hoping these boyfriend shorts avoid that problem.
  • While I've been wanting a white blazer to replace my safari jacket, I decided that a sleeveless blazer may make more sense given the weather. So I ordered this one and this one from Forever 21. Hey, when you have store credit and free shipping, why not?

Items returned:
  • Neither the navy heels nor the black heels I ordered worked out. The navy pair kept slipping off my feet, and I really couldn't justify one more pair of shoes I only saw myself wearing for teaching. 
  • I've had my eye on these black booties for moooonths, finally ordered them, and they dug into the front of my shins, so they went back, too. 
  • I'll be traveling a bit this summer and want some comfortable shoes for walking that are not as big and clunky as my Asics. I tried this pair of Nikes (in white), but my husband said they looked like orthopedic shoes. While he was joking, I was afraid he had a point. I'm considering trying this pair of Converse in white. I feel like they would work better under a maxi skirt than the Nikes. Plus, I can vouch for them as I used to wear them when I worked at summer camp. But I haven't ordered them yet, and I'm not sure what my hesitations are. (Is it because I really just wish I could romp around in these all day, every day?)

So... yeah.... a heavy shopping month, but somehow not that much damage done... at least not yet. How did you do this month?


[Linking up with Fran for Budgeting Bloggers]

15 comments:

  1. I did a lot of shopping and returning this month too. As long as you love the fit of the pixie pants, I think you'll get a ton of wear out of them. My olive crops get worn at least once a week in the spring and fall! And I'm super interested to see how the boyfriend denim shorts work out, because I have the same problem you do with denim shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the two tops you got! They will be great for the hot days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a good job this month! I actually only bought two shirts from Lands End on sale for some 40Dollar and thats it. I bought lots of stuff for the baby though ;)
    Have a gerat weekend and thanks a lot for your last sweet comment!
    xx
    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to keep both bags and buy both the White Converse and cap-toe espadrille flats. I bought and loved similar espadrille flats today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't spend much at all this month-- great work! :) How do you like the new Pixie Chinos? Stopping by via the link up with Fran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the chinos, but they're not perfect :/ I found myself pulling them up a few times when I first wore them, maybe because I got them to fit my hips, not my waist? But I still like them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I have the gap tee in a stripe and a solid. I love them both and wear them all the time. As always, you did an amazing job with your budget. I need to channel my inner Kate every month. I know the frugal side of me is in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that Gap tee is the one I have in white/black and white/blue and I love it! So I hope and think that you will love it too. I'm impressed that you returned so much of the stuff that you were leaning towards keeping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i saw a picture of mindy kaling wearing jeans and white converse and thought to myself, "i want white converse!" and then i come across this post and see you talking about white converse?!? it's a sign!! and to think i believed i was immune to buying things that i see on someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think for only $17 you should keep the target bag. The pink will be a fun pop of color to some of your outfits. Plus, it's one of those styles that won't go out, so you'll probably keep it and use it for a long time. I love the back of that tank! I actually just bought a floral blouse with the same back (you'll see it on my budget post on Monday). I'm going to have to go try on that one at Old Navy for sure. And that Kate Spade bag... {insert heart eyes smiley face}. I loveeee Kate Spade bags. Yours is no exception either! Overall, you got some great stuff this month chica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got some great bargains this month, as always! I might have to try those olive pants, as my current pair is a little big on me now in the waist.
    Bummer that the navy and black pumps didn't work out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, I am jealous of the olive pants. I have been hunting for a pair that fit me in my current "state." No such luck. Also, I am looking forward to seeing how those sleeveless blazers work out for you. I keep seeing them on people and really do love them. You might officially win me over.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that cute red bag! I've been looking at accessories a lot lately

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your Kate Spade bag is GORGEOUS! Perfect for spring and summer. Yay for finding olive pants that will at least mostly fill the void for perfect olive pants. They seem difficult to find! Can't say I've ever tried a sleeveless blazer--I guess you'd wear it as you would a vest?

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES to white Converse!! I think you should absolutely go for them :) I also am really jealous that those olive pants work for you. I tried them on the other day and they were SO big and baggy on me, and the next size down was too snug. I just can't win, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...