Wednesday, March 4, 2015

last call for winter?

Last night, the weather forecast indicated that the next ten days would include a series of 50+ degree days, with the exception of Wednesday and Thursday. This means one of two things: either spring is officially around the corner, or spring is going to come in, make us fall in love with it, and then leave us for another few months. (What a tease!) I'm really hoping it's the former. Just in case this is the last we'll see of winter, I pulled out all the winter tropes: boots, chunky scarf, cozy tunic sweater.

Back in November, I raved about this tunic sweater. It's so cozy and so comfortable, and best of all, it's long enough to be worn with leggings! The downside? It's not very flattering. (Trust me, I chose the best picture.) I didn't know it until after I had worn it a bunch. So, I've saved it for an office hours/possibly last week of winter kind of day. Sincere sympathy goes out to those of you who won't have such wonderful weather this week.



Scarf: random stand from mall | similar
Tunic Sweater: SO via Kohl's | exact
Skinny Jeans: The Limited | similar
Boots: (gift) Madden Girl | option


13 comments:

  1. I have many sweaters that are very comfy but so unflattering on me too. It doesn't look that bad to me in these pictures but we are always our own worst critic.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't find it flattering?? Oversized sweaters are all the rage right now. I bet it looks better than you think :) What about pairing it with a belt or vest to show off your waist a bit more? Or partly tuck it into the front of your jeans? It looks great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will accept your weather sympathy. ALthough I think we are going to start to warm up a bit too (temps in the 40s next week!)! In regards to your sweater-I think we all need some comfy sweaters even if they don't always flatter. Especially during winters like this! I like the thick, warm look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect winter outfit! And sometimes comfort trumps fit, it's still a super cute sweater. I hope spring has arrived for you. I'm currently home from work because of a snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgsh I so adore this outfit--the color of your scarf is perfection!! Hehe I think we all have clothes like that, but hey its always good to wear what you feel comfortable in--and from the pictures I LOVE it on you :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. I love that you pointed it out. I loove oatmeal creme pies because there is zero pie about them. Just two cookies and basically icing. It's like crack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been doing the same thing this week--better get use out of all my winter stuff now, before the cold leaves for good! This sweater looks SO cozy, and I don't think it's at all unflattering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually think it looks great on you, and I've seen so many people wearing oversized sweaters right now anyway. But I would probably be the same way if I didn't like something on me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The oversized sweater thing is hard for me too, if they don't have good lines. Cozy > Flattering when its freezing for me, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what is unflattering about it? i love a good chunky, comfy sweater! we are headed toward the same weather pattern where i live, but we also always, always get snow in april and usually may as well, so i guess i'll enjoy the sunny and lighter-jacket days while i can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our weather is forecast for high 40's to low 60's the next 10 days and I'm really hoping we don't get a freak storm before summer hits! I'm so ready for this warm weather! Although I will miss a little bit cozy, cute outfits like this with an oversized sweater and cozy scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sweater sure looks comfy though. Lately I have been wearing marsala a.k.a. burgundy with cognac too and I love how they look. I am doing an entire week featuring marsala this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this outfit, Kate! You look perfectly cozy for the end of winter - and that scarf couldn't be more beautiful! I love maroon and I've had a maroon knit infinity scarf on my list for awhile now. (Also, I'm catching up on blog posts right now, so I'm going to pre-apologize for the amount of comments coming to your inbox...haha!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...