I did a terrible job keeping track of my purchases in February 2013. And I did a terrible job of shopping in February 2013.
- The Limited striped maxi skirt: $20 - While in theory this skirt should get worn a lot, it doesn't. I constantly reach for it during spring and summer weekends, but usually end up tossing it aside because I can't figure out what top to wear with it. That, or I just pair it with the same white v-neck tee. Plus, it's too heavy for the 90+ degree summers I have to deal with.
- The Limited sequin cardigan: $?? - I remember loving the way it looked on me in store, but not having as much flexibility with it as I thought I would have. If you have any styling ideas, please let me know!
- Old Navy floral shirt: $10 - I think I saw a similar version at J. Crew and thinking I had to have a floral shirt. The more that time goes by, the more I realize that I'm not a floral print kind of person, except in small doses. I was, however, pleasantly surprised to see I've worn it almost ten times on the blog. This one might get one more try before it makes its way to the donation pile.
- Forever 21 ikat dress: $?? - I swear this dress has gotten shorter as time has passed. I don't feel comfortable wearing something that short anymore, even when paired with tights. Off to consignment it goes?
- (not pictured) Forever 21 rings and bracelets: $?? - I didn't write anything other than "rings" and "bracelets" in my spreadsheet so I'm not sure what this refers to. Judging how little I wear my rings and bracelets from Forever 21, it's easy to see these were bad purchases.
I was dreading recapping this month. 4 of 5 purchases were bad?! That's just terrible. I honestly can't even say what I was thinking. The silver lining of this recap is that I never even considered getting rid of any of these items, but now I'm comfortable getting rid of some of them (at least the dress and the shirt).