Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pinspired: mustard cardigan + black skirt

There are a lot of things I want to say, so I'll do it in the most efficient way possible: bullet points!

  • This outfit was Pinspired by this pin {via Sydney} and Danielle
  • I have a love/hate relationship with this skirt. In theory it should be perfect, but I can't help but feel like a school girl almost every time I put it on.
  • I've worn this skirt with this top before. I hated that outfit. I feel like I've corrected my errors, and now am wondering what other outfit fails I can fix.
  • I also wore this top last week. Do you ever re-discover an item and then want to wear it again shortly after? It happens to me. Maybe because when I do laundry, the recently cleaned clothes are in plain sight and call to me? Does that sound reasonable?
  • Audrey's PMT Style Challenge this week was to belt something. I belted my skirt.
  • I like belting because it gives me shape by defining my waistline (the smallest part on my body). I also like belting to add interest to an outfit. 
  • I originally bought the cardigan because I wanted a mustard cardigan. I'm not sure this color cardigan works for my skin tone. Thoughts?



Necklace: gift c/o Mom-in-law | option
 Cardigan: The Limited | similar
Striped Top: The Limited | option
Belt: came with Target skirt
Skirt: The Limited | similar
Wedges: via Target (old)



[linking up with Liz , Laura, and Lindsey]

14 comments:

  1. I really like the black, cognac and mustard color combination here! And I think that mustard looks totally fine on you. I also haven't ever thought to tuck a cardigan into a skirt...but what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I've ever thought about tucking a cardigan in, but it looks super cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! I wore this exact outfit (just with a pencil skirt) when we went to the outlets a month ago and have yet to post. I don't have that exact image pinned but one very similar to it. Such a cute outfit. I think everyone looks good in mustard. I'd definitely hang on to it. This is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that all the time with items. I wear it and then sometimes have to pull it out of the dryer I want to wear it again so much. This is adorable with the tights and mustard. I don't feel like mustard works for my skin tone either, but I still wore my mustard cardigan today anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this! Mustard, black, and white is one of my favorite color combinations. I think mustard looks good on you. So often I see pictures of blondes rocking mustard, but I think it looks really pretty on brunettes too (although I might be a bit biased).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think this skirt looks school girl at all. Great outfit! I can not wear mustard around my face, it looks awful on me but I think it looks great on you.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all thank you a lot for your thoughts on my last post! I really appreciate this! Then, I LOVE this outfit! I also bought a mustard cardigan last year and I was really not sure if it suits me or not. I figuered in the end that it does suit me and I think this one also works perfect with your skin tone. I really like this color acutally.
    Have a great day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd forgotten that we both have this cardigan! I think it looks great on you! I really like how you tucked your cardigan into your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The skirt (and you!) look great! Nice outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks 4 linking up 2 Style Me Wednesday that I co-hosted. This outfit is layering done right! Love it

    http://www.highlatitudestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never tried tucking in a cardigan before, but I love it! This is such a great look overall and I think mustard looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why have I never tucked a cardigan into my skirt like this?! I LOVE this! And keep the cardigan - the color is great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uhhh, I like your version better than mine. Also, I think you've struck gold with a cool theme for some posts: Fashion Flop Fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so cute, Kate. I actually think you look great in mustard, and I love this cardigan tucked into the skirt. And I want that striped tee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...