Friday, February 20, 2015

No Longer Neglected: striped sweater

I set out this week on a mission to wear some cardigans that I haven't worn in over 6 months. I managed to do that three times (1, 2, 3) before I felt the need to switch things up. I instead opted for my striped sweater, which was last worn 9 months ago.

While it's been refreshing to rediscover some neglected pieces, I realized that I didn't have that many neglected things in my closet. Okay, sure, excluding cardigans, summer wear, and those pieces that need to get donated but I just can't bring myself to donate... but still. I'm letting myself take pride in making my closet work for me... and letting myself have some treats here and there ;-)



Sweater: Old Navy
Chambray: Old Navy
Necklace: via Groopdealz
Skirt (gift): The Limited
Flats: via Target

10 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I feel like I've finally gotten to the point where less is neglected in my closet too. I love the necklace with the top. It really pops against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few sweaters in my closet which have been neglected for way too long... I really should take you as an example :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome you don't have too many neglected items. I think I'll be working through my neglected items for awhile, but it has really helped me get through the February style rut, especially being pregnant, too. Most days, I'm starting with "I want to wear X" and then building an outfit around it, instead of "what should I wear?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater definitely deserves some love! A striped sweater in neutral colors? Winner winner, chicken dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this sweater, particularly paired with purple! I have the problem that most of my sweaters are busy prints, which makes it hard to remix them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see you in this skirt I want to get a purple skirt for my closet. You pair so many cute tops with it and it always looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i love this kate -- and for some reason this sweater doesn't look familiar to me, so maybe it had the same effect for you of feeling brand new and fun to wear again. i love how you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love how you've styled this sweater. This skirt is such a fun color! And you've just inspired me to layer a collared shirt with the collar tucked in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love how you've styled this sweater. This skirt is such a fun color! And you've just inspired me to layer a collared shirt with the collar tucked in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your purple skirt...every time you wear it, I can't help but smile :) And I like the layered look on top, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...