Saturday, February 28, 2015

Budget Rewind: February 2014

It's time for another budget rewind. This time, I'm looking back at purchases from February 2014


Good:
  • The Limited skirt: $30 - It was definitely my favorite skirt in 2014, but somewhat neglected at the moment. As soon as I get navy shoes that will change.
  • Old Navy sweater (black): $11 - I really should put this in the 'excellent' category. It's my go-to top for weekends. I can't tell you how many times I've simply paired it with a tee underneath, my white jeans, and a long necklace.

Medium:
  • Old Navy sweater (grey): $9 - A great way to try the embellished sweater trend without breaking the bank. It's lost its magic somewhere along the way though, so I'll have to try to fix that this March.
  • The Limited scarf: $17 - While this scarf has been featured 6 times in the past 12 months, I really thought I would be wearing this scarf more. I'm not as gaga over it as I was when I bought it, but that might have more to do with its length than anything else.

Honorable mentions:
  • Old Navy striped hoodie: $16 - I returned this one because I didn't love how it fit me, I couldn't see myself wearing it all the time, and I ultimately didn't need to spend $16 on lounge-wear when I already have tubs of lounge-wear. 
  • Old Navy sweater (navy):  $12 - This is one piece I actually regret returning. In an effort to get my monthly spending total down, I decided to return it to get my $12 back. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten my money's worth by now had I decided to keep it.

It's a good budget rewind when I have no regrets. The only thing I regret here is not keeping the navy sweater. I will make an effort to wear all of these items this March!

8 comments:

  1. glad you had no regrets in your purchase last year.

    P.S. My Blog has moved to http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have that striped hoodie from old navy and thought i would wear more too, and maybe i will when it's a tad warmer and i can handle just a thin knit layer, but i'm bummed it didn't turn out to be as versatile as i thought it would be. i think i saw it on another blogger and it looked great on her and i wanted it to work for me too. thankfully that doesn't happen TOO often though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good having no regrets! These are all really good closet staples and I definitely find that's what I get the most use of too. As far as the length of the scarf goes, have you tried tying the ends together and loop it into an infinity scarf? My leopard scarf is a super long awkward length too when I wear it normally, but I love it a lot more when I wear it as an infinity style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that's a good month when a year later you have no regrets! I have the same striped hoodie and I haven't worn it much lately. I know that I wore it a LOT in the summer so maybe when things warm up again it will get more wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that's a good month when a year later you have no regrets! I have the same striped hoodie and I haven't worn it much lately. I know that I wore it a LOT in the summer so maybe when things warm up again it will get more wear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty good rewind! I remember loving that scarf and the gray embelleshed sweater. I think I almost ordered the gray sweater online a few times, but never wanted to pay for shipping, and then it was gone. Not like I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not having any major regrets is a good sign indeed! Did you ever end up buying a similar navy sweater after returning the Old Navy one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, that scarf! I still really love it, and I've loved all the ways you've worn it, too! I hope that your love for it is rekindled :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...