Friday, January 23, 2015

worn on tv

I didn't start watching Parks and Rec until it was on the air for a few years and the hype had fizzled. After a few episodes, I found myself keeping an eye out for what April would wear in the show. I could identify with her style, and was amused by how many of her clothes were from J. Crew - (have you ever noticed how many female characters on TV wear J. Crew? if you haven't, check this out). And then one day I saw this:

season 6, episode 2

"What an amazing sweatshirt," I thought to myself. I looked it up on on WornOnTV and discovered it was from J. Crew. And available for $65. Long story short, it's not in my budget to spend $65 on a sweatshirt. By the time it went on sale, its $39 price tag was still too much for me. So I woefully passed. 

Fast forward to a year later, when J. Crew Factory puts out a dupe, puts it on sale, and bam. It was mine. I threw on some jeans, a shirt, and the sweatshirt, and called it a day. Only I forgot to change my shoes before I left for campus. I'm only slightly embarrassed to say that this isn't the first time this has happened.



Sweatshirt: J. Crew Factory | exact
Shirt: Old Navy | option
Jeans: LOFT | exact
Moccasins (c/o Mom): via Kohl's | exact

13 comments:

  1. That sweatshirt really is adorable and I really like it with the jade button-down underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweatshirt! It's like you're practically famous now! :)

    http://www.kaciesklosetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cool is that!? I didnt know there is this kind of websites existed where you look up what people wear on TV. Anyway, the sweater is awesome!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute outfit! Aside from all the pant suits, I like to get ideas for work outfits from Lesley Knope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea so many female actors wear J.Crew things! Glad you were finally able to get a super close version of the sweatshirt you liked. It's adorable and I can totally see why you wanted it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was watching a Christmas reality show about Christmas light competition and one of the judges was wearing a J Crew sweater that I've been admiring. I am hoping it comes out in the factory so I can pick up. Glad you patience paid off and you got what you wanted for a fraction of the price.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable sweatshirt. And thanks for that link too - if I ever get curious about what a character wears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun sweatshirt! And what a cool website! I've never heard of it before but I've been curious before what characters are wearing. I'll have to bookmark it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i never watched much of glee, but i always loved seeing what emma pillsbury wore because she also wore a lot of j crew and great skirts + cardigan combos. currently,. i love seeing what mindy lahiri wears on the mindy project for the same reason! i always get kind of bizarrely excited when i see characters on tv wearing clothing items i own or am familiar with. this is a great sweatshirt - and you look much happier be wearing it than april, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Super cute! I love it when I find my favorite characters' clothes online but I've never been able to actually buy them due to cost. I'm excited for you that you got yours for a deal! I'm also about to start watching Parks and Recs because it's been suggested to me so many times...I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's crazy! You got lucky with that find I tell ya! It looks very polished over a button up. I bet it's much easier to layer under a sweatshirt than a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, I love it when something comes back around like this and you can get it for a reasonable price! I tried watching Parks & Rec and just couldn't get into it. But everyone else seems to love it, so maybe I should try again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loooove Parks and Rec - April, Andy, Ron, and Leslie are the greatest! I love April's style as well (and I can't wait until my hair has grown out so that I can curl it like Leslie's this season). That sweatshirt is a lot of fun and perfect for weekend looks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...