Monday, January 26, 2015

reader response requested: poncho or ponch-no?

In order to qualify for free shipping for a Forever 21 order, I added this poncho to my cart. I liked the idea of adding something new to my closet, unlike anything I already own. When it arrived, I really liked it. But then I tried to figure out whether I really liked it because of its novelty or because it was something I really wanted. So, I took some photos in hopes that it would settle the matter. It didn't. So now I'm turning to you!



  
 
 


A few things to note:
- The last picture captures the color of the poncho most accurately. (You can see the true color here.)
- It only comes in one size, so there's no option of sizing up or down.
- It can easily be layered. I was wearing a long sleeve tee when I first tried it on.


What do you think? Yay or nay? 

10 comments:

  1. I say Nay to it. Due to its super big for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can see why you are on the fence about it, because I am too. I can see it being cute and cozy as a layered winter look, but it's not really a heart-stopping gotta-have-it piece either. What's your instinct? To keep it or send it back? Also, did you pay full price or get it on sale? That usually helps me decide if it's worth trying out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I can see why you are on the fence about it, because I am too. I can see it being cute and cozy as a layered winter look, but it's not really a heart-stopping gotta-have-it piece either. What's your instinct? To keep it or send it back? Also, did you pay full price or get it on sale? That usually helps me decide if it's worth trying out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the last photo I would say I like the color, but the length is a little off in my opinion. I feel like it should be longer over all. My vote is nay, especially since you don't seem in love with it either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of it, but not this particular poncho. I'd return it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! It seems really cozy and I am a fan of cozy! I feel like I would want it to be a bit longer though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I personally like this poncho on you. The texture makes is more interesting. I bet it would look great with a stripe top underneath.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a huge poncho lover... its so easy, comfy and yet so stylish and perfect to combine. I would keep this one! You can wear it with jeans, with a necklace on top, with a skirt or leggings... anyway, it will look great :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen ponchos on Pinterest that look fantastic when belted like this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/331788697519623981/ . That way, it still shows off your figure while being cozy. But then it only allows you one way to wear it. It's tough. It would look cute with a long sleeve tee underneath also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, since you asked, I'm not really a fan of it. Or ponchos in general, so I might just be anti-poncho, and not necessarily anti-this-poncho. And usually when I'm on the fence about something, it means I should return it. So that's what I'd recommend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...